The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone ever seen a KG non-sunroof car?

LIV4PSI

It says there were only 30 made. It's the only combination I've never actually seen. Curious if any have ever been found or owned by a board member? It's my VR4 unicorn

Last edited:

EHmotorsports

KG= color or car. Hardtop aka non sunroof car.

Last edited:

citymunky

I guess a 1992 KC GVR4 without a sunroof.

LIV4PSI

I always say hardtop when I should just say non-sunroof /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I know most guys love the sunroof on their VR4, but I'm not a fan

I'm surprised I never realized 503 didn't have a sunroof. I bet it's the only one that pops up. I was around when you sold it too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Last edited:

turbohf

im really glad mine is a non-sunroof car. i would have bought it either way. but i prefer not to see the sun.

edit: should note that mine is BG not KG.

Last edited:

strokin4dr

I wouldn't have bought 1280 if it had a sunroof. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
I've had both and would never get another with a sunroof, for multiple reasons.

LIV4PSI

I won't own a VR4 with a sunroof either, glad I'm not alone.

I never really liked Kensington Grey until I saw one with decent paint. The color looks so much better when it not faded and missing all of the clear

pot

Staff member
I couldn't agree with you more. My hood was faded to hell but the rest of the car shined quite nicely. The kensington grey looks really good when the paints taken care of.

89Patches

I don't really like the sunroof in my car. To much weight above my head!

I was thinking of making a mold of the roof on my parts car (non sunroof) and making it out of Carbon fiber. Did it with my brothers Evo 3

EMX5636

I'm also a member of the "would rather a non-sunroof" club. I don't think I would buy one with it. KG is probably my second or third favorite color, but I'm a biased SW guy.

Mark- don't let G know that you had a 1-of less than 30 probably left in the snow to rot away! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

JNR

I like my sunroof and use it and glad #20 has one...Do like KG as well, second only to summit white (for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) but not sure I've really ever seen one in person.

idreamidrive

I wanted a summit white without a sunroof and finally found one. Paid too much for it, but I have never liked sunroofs or verts.

Flipped a vert once. My miata ran with a rollbar and hardtop on at all times so that I felt safe.

89Patches

Lol, it took me a good 5 minutes to realize what you meant by vert.

I was like why does he keep saying green in french and what does it have to do with anything /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

coyotes

Quoting turbohf:
but i prefer not to see the sun.

You're in the right state for that. That being said, I love my sunroof.

LIV4PSI

Quoting idreamidrive:
I wanted a summit white without a sunroof and finally found one. Paid too much for it, but I have never liked sunroofs

Same with me, I paid at least $1,000 more than I should have, but I only wanted Summit White with no sunroof. 300 made isn't much to chose from. That's why I'm surprised Pot and Wop both had one of those 30 KG cars.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned