The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Alright, someone has to know whats going on with my Idle problems.

BpuVR4

not sure if this was implied or not, but also is your bov circulated? also you said you think your fuel pressure is irregular, do you have anything to monitor this the past few weeks?

2000GTX

Oh I should mention that my car is N/A

So I don't have any of those fancy turbo parts.

I really don't know what the deal is. I mean, the issue isn't like, enough to make me crush it or anything, but it's just annoying having to put my foot on the gas and rev to 1000 at stoplights

I'm going to check out some more things tomorrow. I'll look at that IPS and make sure everything works, if not, I'll hook up the other one from that other TB.

Also now that I think about it, I do actually think the wire leading to the IPS is either bare, or like... really fragile looking.

tektic

Have you proppperly set your idle with the screw in the throttle body,while grounding out both the dummy plug under hood and the pin in the data port. IAS should be 30 when your done.
Look up biss adjustment or set biss

Last edited:

2000GTX

Okay, so update:

after doing the things I said I was going to do (Fuel filter, EGR cleaning, made sure the switch was grounded), it hasn't been nearly as bad.

The fuel filter was probably the one that came with the car originally, it was bent, and when I blew through it, it took considerable pressure to force fuel/air through it, so I'm assuming that was the issue. Maybe at idle, the pump wasn't pressurizing the lines enough to force the gas through the filter.

I mean, I haven't taken it for a long drive yet (30 minutes is the longest so far, and it tried to kill every single time on these same drives previously) and it hasn't tried to kill on me.

So, fingers crossed, it's fixed. *knock on wood

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned