The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1g Intake = Poor Idle & Stalling?

WaRrIoRs16

I believe idle culprit has been found.

I found out that on my ecu the 47uF capacitor leaked and caused a short that fried my ISC driver. Who would have known that when you start your car after doing a few simple mods like a turbo swap, clutch and flywheel job, replacing the alternator, and putting on a 1g intake, that your ISC would finally just give out like that and cause utter destruction to your once perfect idle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I still have no error codes from the 1g MAS, so I'm assuming the vr4 one was either having issues with the 1g intake or was is just messed up.

My idle is not perfect yet, but after I replace my now torn up biss scew I'm sure I can fine tune it. I know I brought this upon myself by putting off my capacitor replacements. I have new caps for both of my ecu's on thereway now. Thank you all for your help.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned