The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

91 vr4 clutch

Gvr41415

hi this is my first post on any forum ever so forgive me for some newbie questions. i just bought a 91 vr4 1415/2000 with 136xxxmi and a few upgrades, a 20g turbo from ebay, 3in turbo back exhaust, stage one crower cams in a rebuilt head, and an aluminum radiator. it has a clean title and very clean body and interior with only on rip in the seat. its throw out bearing is making noise in gear stop with clutch pedal depressed,i was just curious what it would be worth to some one who knows about these cars. i bought because i live in sac but am planning a move to tahoe/reno area and wanted a awd car i didnt know much about the heratige in these cars. i bought for $3200 jus want to know if i got a good deal with the whole upcoming clutch job, i feel like it was i love the car and is sleeper.

also all the cluth kits ive found only one came with a pilot bushing, is this needed for clutch job on this car, and is there walk through of this job on this forum?

omertaitalia

first off welcome to the forum, i live in south lake tahoe so if you move up here hit me up. 3200 sounds like a good deal even if it needs a clutch, post pics of her.
go on vfaq.com they have alot of info

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Get an ACT2600 with a street disc, then get a new oem throw out bearing.

Brunoboy

damn everyone beat me to the vfaq ahaha, anyways doing a clutch job on jack stands isnt too bad, ive pulled the trans in my driveway three times without any prior knowledge how so youll get used to wrenching on the car.

GSX_TC

Also be sure to shim the ball stud if it hasn't already been done yet

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned