The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SS clutch line

Kenny_Kline

I see that they make 2 SS clutch lines from extreme. One is 82" (1G) and the other is 94" (2G)

What one should I get?

Also, I am going to replace the clutch master cylinder and the slave cylinder as everything has 200k on it. Looking to achieve a better clutch feel. I can choose from Dorman, Beck/Arnley, AC Delco, or perfection clutch for the parts. Anyone have any experience with either company?

ALso, I have a ACT 2600 6 puck sprung clutch. Stock tranny. Should a stock slave cylinder rod length do the job or should I look into getting a longer one?

Last edited:

belize1334

I can't comment on the reliability of those OE replacement brands. I replaced my master cylinder with one that I pulled from a junk-yard Talon and I don't know the brand. It seems good so far and the difference it made in the clutch feel is remarkable. I HIGHLY recommend that anyone with a high mileage vehicle replace the master cylinder. It was a pain the first time but now that I know where things are I think I could probably do it in under 10 minutes (not counting bleeding the system).

The 2G clutch cable runs all the way from the passenger fender area (near the factory fuse box) to the slave cylinder. The 1G cable is shorter cause there's a hard-line on the 1G transmission that runs from the slave cylinder to roughly the shifter linkage. On mine the flare on the hard-line got messed up so I pulled it off and ran the 2G line and I've had absolutely no trouble with it. If that hard line is in good condition run the 1G cable as it will keep more hard-line in the system which is better for clutch feel.

Last edited:

Kenny_Kline

In the Galant, I believe I have 2 sections of rubber line. I replaced the 8" of rubber with a SS line. I just wanted to redo the entire line from master to slave with SS. There is nothing wrong with the line now but its just my OCD kicking in saying replace the entire line when you do the master. You dont know what issues you can run into when you disconnect that line so I would rather just have a new line ready to go in case. Not to mention, when I installed the short SS line to replace the rubber line at the slave, the threads were suspect in the slave and it leaked a little. I threw some red loctite on the threads to stop from leaking. Who knows how its going to come apart and go back together now. I dont want to risk it.

SO what SS line do I need to get to replace the entire thing from master to slave? The 1G or 2G line?

G

Staff member
Not on your list but if it were my vr4 i'd go with tokico.

turbowop

Quoting Kenny_Kline:
the threads were suspect in the slave and it leaked a little. I threw some red loctite on the threads to stop from leaking.

It's a flare fitting. The threads don't seal it like pipe thread would. Is yours different? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Kenny_Kline

It was getting by the threads just barely and i had it tightened all the way. Threads were messed up, I unscrewed it and put red loctite on it in a desperate attempt and it worked.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned