The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

clutch question

kkmcgregor

I just bought my gvr4 and the transmission was super notchy. So I adjusted my clutch and the transmission feels 10x better, I assume clutch drag. Anyway question is now about 2 inches from the floor there is an obvious knock in the clutch somewhere. I was wondering what this could be because I have no clue. It doesn't effect performance at all but I want to make sure I'm not hurting anything. Thanks in advance.

MellowVR4

It might be the clutch pedal assy bushings /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

kkmcgregor

Thank you both for the help. It physically feels like I'm pushing the master off the firewall but it doesn't happen when I'm sitting still so I'm not sure how I'll check that. Also sorry I really wasn't sure how I'd word this question to find the reply I was looking for in the forums.

VR6Eater

If someone else besides you took the Trans out make sure the one bolt that goes in from the drivers side is in. After purchasing my car the stater bolt backed out and the lower front bolt broke. Trans actually lifted away from the engine while pushing on the pedal. Can cause very inconsistent clutch engagement. Not to mention all the havoc it causes in the bottom end of the engine. All due to that one bolt not being put back.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned