The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4g64?? Need some schooling

Vr4junkie

Ok so I been doing some searching and seen that a few people been using 4g64 blocks with 4g63 heads

What are the Pros and cons and what goes into building a 4G64T like pistons rods etc will I need custom made ones or are they inter changeable with the 4g63

89Mirageman

Some people with experience may chime in here but there are a ton of threads over on Tuners that go into great detail and list the pros and cons.

Diego

That ^ is F'n good knowledge. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

FCR

WOW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif A lot of good info in that article....

Last edited:

Vr4junkie

Ok I got another question I have a 6bolt block that spun a bearing and damaged the journals on the crank so I need a new crank I know you can use the 4g64 crank and make it a 2.3 stroker but can I use my current 1g rods or will I need custom rods and pistons /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned