The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4g63 replacement!!!!

It's not as bad as you think its going to be... Like stated before, BAG & TAG EVERYTHING including bolts, nuts, washers, wires, hoses, etc! Get masking tape or duct tape and wrap a small piece around each wire harness and then mark #1, #2, #3 on each one as you go and also write it down on scrap paper. That way when you go to put it all back together you can match up wire harness #1 with the correct ones. Also bag bolts up and label every bag, and keep the bags with whatever it came out of so your not "bolt hunting" like another member said. It will go back together SO MUCH EASIER this way an it's a very good habit to get into. I just pulled my first motor out with my older brother. It was overwhelming at first but if you have a plan & break it down step by step you'll be fine. You'll need a good set of tools some know how & like said before have someone help you to watch over your work but not do it for you, otherwise you will never learn for yourself. Good luck and just ask any question you have as you go, it's better to ask then to Screw it up because you just assumed something.

se7enine

I remember pulling my 22re, It was in my 4runner that had 33's and bodylift. I had to flatten the tires to get the engine out after maxing the hoist and still had to tilt back to front to remove, but tones more room to maneuver than most engines and simpler.

^^

Well, with that response - you won't be getting any more friendly help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif .

I agree there's a few harsh response, but you weren't being specific. And we tend to judge posters maturity based on their spelling and grammar.

desant78

Quoting pudge76:
screw all you , New engine just dropped in to 271/2000

Im gonna give ya the benefit of the doubt here, and judge the smiley face that this is a light hearted "i did it!"

So congrats! Get her fired up yet? Pics or i didnt happen... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited:

Quoting Prolab:
^^

Well, with that response - you won't be getting any more friendly help quote]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

pudge76

or its running pics coming soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned