The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

my new VR4 91 896 summit white *UPDATED WITH PICS*

fivestardsm

Quote:
im stoked to start doing some real work on the vr4 and get her on the road.

I'ts good to see such ambition!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

91GSR

one of these days when the weather is nice i will most likely be out working for hours on end. i have a feeling im going to come across more crap i have to fix when i do the timing belt tho. ive already got a replacement water pump so ill be doing that. hopefully all goes at least semi well lol.

gmp

Quoting 464/2K:
why would you do that when plenty of us have been threw this same damn trail. we are only helping you so your life isn't so miserable owning a GVR4. we want you to enjoy the car not hate it before you can even drive it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Hahahaha i hav already been there! I have loved it, and hated it but now im back to making it a monster or my little version of one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Hopefully this time i get it right......

lol looks like your going to be busy this weekend. I heard the weather is going to be awesome.

1990ggsxnj

I know my tool box will be open. Got a head start tonight.

Quoting Ian M:
If the battery has gone dead in those 6 months it has been sitting,any codes (if there were any) in the ECU will be gone.

The TB is a good hunch,and it's a easy thing to check.

Years of winter driving on Va salty roads would have done more damage to the stock fuel lines than 6 months of sitting,if they look good I'd leave them alone. I'd bet the fittings are going to be plenty crusty at the tank,though. Since a upgraded pump is in the near future,when you get it home one of the first things I'd do is take the cover in the trunk off and start soaking the fittings. You'll thank yourself.

+1, it took me a month or so to get mine to break loose! That thing was crusty as hell! Soak the hell out of it.

91GSR

so just an update. my buddy is rebuilding his talon and he has some good used itnernals he is giving me. rods/pistons/cams. they all only have about 300 miles on them. he is doing a 1000hp build for some god awful reason. im headed to pick and pull today to see if i cant find some stuff for either the vr4 or the wifes car. wish me luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

streetmasters

get me some 93 headlights and grill /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

good luck!

91GSR

no 93s, but i found an 89. it has a full interior and full motor. SOHC automatic. i was gonna go back when i had some more time and money and grab the under dash piece with pocket, the manual seat belt conversion stuff, and the center console (it has that cool double flip up thing for the cup holders. if there are any other parts from an 89 that you guys want lemme know and ill swipe it and sell it to you for a small fee (like 5-10 bux for time and everything to get it)

raptorWagon

Hmm.. I'll have to check it out next weekend after I get the galant up and running again. Think you could snag the alternator for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif, I could use a spare for "just in case", I need a right rear dogleg.

dsmless

also try to get the sunvisors/clips just in case and some extra fuses/relays since your already there

91GSR

so this hasn't been updated in forever. had a run of bad luck. first with wrecking my GSR (so sad just sold the engine today) and then the car i had to buy as a DD. 1989 Honda Accord LXi. thing is more of a POS than my galant lol. anyway got some pics after i removed the exhaust manifold. i think i need a new turbo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

this is just a top view of the turbo in the car

this is a close up of the exhaust housing

here is the turbine side (or is it compressor i always get them backwards for some reason)

here is a spare turbo i have laying around. got it from dsmless back a while ago. it is a 16g, but i have been wondering. the only thing different is the fins. they are like double fins. i know i have seen posts before about this being the way to tell its a 16g, but the rest of the turbo is almost identical to the 14b in the car. even the numbers on the outside are almost the same.

i have some new plans for it as well. going to completely tear down the engine and build it from the inside out. getting rods/pistons along with a fully rebuilt head. looking for a good gasket kit right now. plan to rebuild the 16g sometime soon. any advice or comments you guys have just let em loose. inspiration or constructive criticism, key word being constructive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

1990ggsxnj

yea, the compressor side is the side that compresses the air lol *pokes ribs*
Thanks for the engine, will be put to good use in a GGSX.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts