The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2g question

Cornflake

Having a weird problem with my car. When im cruising at 3k rpms on the highway the car starts breaking up, if i try to accelerate the car starts breaking up really bad. If i shift to a higher gear, or ever just let the rpms drop the car will return to normal for a couple minutes then goes back to breaking up again.

Any idea where to start?

Thanks

Sounds like either a boost leak or an ignition problem(spark plugs and wires)

Had the exact same issue (usually around 4k rpms) was a hariline boost leak in the intercooler piping

92GVR4num65

i had the same kind of issue....would only happen under load (not just reving) then a week later the coil pack for cyl 1&4 crapped out. It ran fine at low rpms but when you got above 3500-4 it would feel like it was stuttering like crazy, prolly cuz that coil pack couldnt handle the load required at those rpms...bad/grounding plug wires will do the same thing.

dsmtalontsi95

Are you getting a check engine light? If so it could be a mis-fire code shutting down that cylinder. Does it have a 6 bolt swap?

dsmtalontsi95

Good idea. My money is on the mis fire. 6 bolt swaps are known for this Do you have dsmlink?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned