The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Heater core question..

mitsu90

This is probably a stupid question.. But when hooking the hoses up to the heater core does it matter what hose goes where? I recently replaced my core and my heat only seem to work good if I hold the rpms around 2k.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Barnes

I'm almost positive it makes no difference. What kind of core did you replace it with?

SouthCaliVR4

shouldn't make a difference but... you could try swapping them. It sounds like you may have an air bubble trapped in there.

mitsu90

I bought one from advanced.. All the used ones from parts cars were broken when removed..

Barnes

First, check your heater hoses and make sure they aren't pinched. Did you use OEM hoses? If you used straight hose you might have a pinch that is restricting flow.

If not, you need to check the flow in the core. To do this you have to disconnect the coolant hoses, and then attach either by just wrapping your hand around it, or some adapters, a garden hose. Don't put the full water pressure on it, just make sure water flows through it freely in both directions.

gtluke

i think you have air in the system.

14u2nV

Have you checked the fluid level since you did the install? Since it won't work till 2k, sounds like not enough water is being circulated. That or maybe your thermostat isn't opening right.

mitsu90

The fluid level was the first thing I checked.Air in the system sounds like my problem. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned