The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

PK under 3500rpm & also weird decel

turbowop

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Oh, whoops. He's using DSMlink. I guess a DSMchip is out of the question then, but I'm sure you could do the same thing with DSMlink that Jeff does with his chips to battle PK as has been mentioned.

4thStroke

I was having similar issues. I was seeing knock at cruise after the motor had been running for a while. I was getting a lot of it. We ended up just shutting off the sensor until something like 4000 RPM.

turbowop

I almost forgot about PK since 1051 has had one of Jeff's chips in it for so long...until this weekend when I was battling PK issues driving to Western WA in 503. Was pretty annoying cruising along on a flat stretch of highway, look down at the Pocketlogger and see 43counts of knock. Let off, get back into it and it's gone. Stock eprom in the ecu. Time for an upgrade.

VR_IV_MR

i dont know what my fuel trims are doing- i thought i had to get the timing under control before i could touch fuel. not to mention my front o2 sensor only cycles from .02 to .60 (shouldn't it cycle from .02 to .99?) and i dont have a wideband. my tps is also whacked out

should i pull timing 1* at a time to see if it goes away between 2k and 3.5k? how much should i pull before i stop pulling?

Last edited by a moderator:

brisvr4

Can you take a log and post it up so we can see exactly what is happening with it?
Might help to diagnose it.

Quoting Lexington:
i dont know what my fuel trims are doing- i thought i had to get the timing under control before i could touch fuel.

No, fuel comes first. You need to get the Global Fuel set so that the HIGH TRIM stays around 100. The fact that your O2 isn't cycling tells me you have it set too lean, which will also cause knock issues. The O2 normally cycles from like .3 to .7 volts, with .45-.50 being the target for 14.7:1 AFR in closedloop.
What is your HIGH TRIM now?

VR_IV_MR

if you are talking about LTFT Hi then as i am going through all these logs I have yet to find it move at all from 0%

my global is -0.4 and my deadtime is 0 (it was like this i never touched it)

i have an evo9 fuel pump and stock injectors with no afpr

also I am only running 8lbs on the evo 3- after i fix my cracked VC and throw in some synthetic oil im going to up it to 12 or 13...

Last edited by a moderator:

VR_IV_MR

omg so i just found a post by jeffgst back in 2007 and he said:

"Phantom Knock = Knock Retard that occurs when the motor is in vacuum conditions. (Part throttle)

You need to adjust your knock sensor activation so that you can ignore it when in part throttle, off boost conditions.

Click on:

1) ECU
2) Knock
3) Change RPM activation to the RPM point where your turbo begins to spool. Probably less than 3000 RPM
4) Change TPS% to around 25%. This will cause the knock sensor to be ignored until you depress the gas pedal more than 25%."

ty jeffgst....

i will brb lets see if this fixes it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts