The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Demo12

Hey guys picked up 1893 the other day. Shes a little rough and needs some loving but glad to be the new owner! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

img.php

Last edited:

tombaman

Congrats and Welcome!!!

Demo12

Thanks, its in Arizona (where Im from) Im in North carolina On fort bragg, so when I go home Im gonna fix it up Little by little until shes ready to be driven to north Carolina with me.

acn

Congratulations and welcome. What upgrades does it have? I see a FMIC peeking through the front bumper.

pot

Staff member
Awesome brother - I'll be moving back to Fayetteville, NC next month. We should get together in the near future. It will be nice to have some galants in the area to take to the Fayetteville Motor Speedway. Off the top of my head, there's 3 or 4 gallants in the immediate area.

rebelboost

welcome to galantvr4.org! I love the color and how is the body? Are you going to post more detailed pics?

bobdole

Welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Demo12

Quoting Pot:
Awesome brother - I'll be moving back to Fayetteville, NC next month. We should get together in the near future. It will be nice to have some galants in the area to take to the Fayetteville Motor Speedway. Off the top of my head, there's 3 or 4 gallants in the immediate area.

Cool man, Ive also got a 1g talon. pm me when you get back.

Demo12

Quoting rebelboost:
welcome to galantvr4.org! I love the color and how is the body? Are you going to post more detailed pics?

Thanks. The body is a bit rough with door dings and the passenger fender has a good dent, once I get home in the coming weeks ill be sure to post some pitures!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Demo12

Alright, so my first time starting the car since I got home on leave and it started and then it didn't, also had a bad miss so I checked the capacitors and wouldn't you know. They leaked pretty good so I picked up some new capacitors cleaned it all up and no more miss /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif has idle issues, transfer case leaks and im sure it needs a new timing belt, smoke on start up and needs a slave cylinder. Im sure there is more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

GVR4kauai

Nice find bro!! Looks similar to mine lol!

Last edited:

Demo12

Thanks

Has anyone ever had problems with there fuel gauge? mine is always way past full. Ive checked all the fuses im getting power to the fuel gauge but the actual gauge stays right where it is. I haven't traced the wiring yet but Im just wondering if anyone has ever had this problem?

GVR4kauai

Sound like the float is stuck bro! Id check that out in the tank and see what its hung up on or why its stuck!

GSTwithPSI

Quoting Demo12:
Thanks

Has anyone ever had problems with there fuel gauge? mine is always way past full. Ive checked all the fuses im getting power to the fuel gauge but the actual gauge stays right where it is. I haven't traced the wiring yet but Im just wondering if anyone has ever had this problem?

The float could be stuck, but it's unlikely IMO. You likely have a short to ground in the sender harness, which would peg the gauge. As the float rises in the full tank, resistance in the sender decreases and causes the gauge needle to drift toward full. A short to ground would make the needle peg, because at that point there would be no resistance in the circuit at all. Go in the trunk and pull the fuel pump access cover. Test the harness accordingly.

Fuel gauge unit resistance:
Point F 3 ohms +/- 2
Point E 110 ohms +/- 7

Access cover and pump harness:
WP_000297.jpg

Test procedure:

Last edited:

Demo12

Perfect, Thanks man.

The dude that rewired the fuel pump I guess didn't know what he was doing because he cut the wire for the fuel gauge and grounded each side?
But its all fixed now. now onto the speedo.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned