The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Replacing gvr4 suspension (stock)

Just picked up 269/2000. Defiently needs work but shes solid.

My question is are the struts/shocks on a gvr4 the same as a base model galant? I hope to some day in the future get a nice aftermarket setup but for now stock will have to do. My girl works for worldpac and she gets stock stuff for insanely cheap prices. In their catalog it states nothing about vr4's so im assuming what they can get is just for the base model. I've owned the car for 3 hours and already need help...ahh..i did search a bit too. thanks guys

Terry Posten

Fronts are but the rears are not.

To be honest, go to Rockauto and get some factory style replacements (if you can't get the right ones). They are cheap enough.

Yea did some cross referencing on kybs website. And i found a selection in the catalog for awd specific parts. Thanks for the info and quick reply. I once had her order a clutch master and slave for a friends miata and it came out to 7 bucks pretty cheap.

Brunoboy

Nice to see another bay area vr4, I sent you a PM btw.
-Shane

fuel

AWD front struts are about an inch taller than the FWD counterparts. They are also valved differently and have heavier duty springs. People often put FWD Galant struts into VR-4s to lower the fronts further.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned