The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner of 103/2000 intro

My name is Daniel, I recently picked up/saved #103. Im in the USAF and I have been stationed up here in Alaska since 2007. I have owned a 1ga DSM with a few mods. But was forced to sell her due to times getting rough. Now im back in the game with a different platform, looking to learn further my knowledge coming from a DSMer's stand point. Lets just say #103 has lived an abused life. Now that shes in my hands, she will smile green with envy (Belize Green that is). She was riding on the donut that was bald (replaced with a steelie and fairly new tire). The interior is trashed, engine bay is covered in oil/sludge build up, dents, dings and scratches all over, the drivers side rear door window stop working the day I got her. I will post pics sometime soon.

IMG_3632.jpg

IMG_3635.jpg

IMG_3631.jpg

IMG_3637.jpg

524of1000

Looks like you got your work cut out for you man. It's odd that it took so long for someone to welcome you. Useualy Dbossman will chime in about proper grammar and spelling... Yada yada yada... or Wop might bust your balls a little (lot) but noone? weird. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Anyways, Let me be the first to welcome you to a new addiction. The forum and it's members have a metric sh*t ton of knowlage and info that may or may not help. Have fun with the build, do it right the first time and enjoy what she becomes. It WILL become an obsession. It's awesome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited:

Here I am. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
524, there's really nothing to bust his balls about as far as grammar and spelling in this thread. Maybe next time. Now that ghetto window rig on the other hand /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif Hit up the FS section for a proper fix for your window. As far as the car goes, it does look like you have your work cut out for you, but I've seen worse. Do your standard 4g63 maintenance( all belts and fluids changed, ect...) first off. Go before show! Next I'd get that donut off there asap. That's not the best thing for an AWD, and it's hard to tell how long it's been like that from the sound of it. Start from there.
If you haven't PM'd the iceman and updated your vin registry, please do so. BTW, for the record, summit whites the fastest color. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif List your mods too, if any.
Ah yeah........Welcome to the org. The most knowledgable forum on the planet.

Haha I thought I was off to a bad start here already. Thanks for the welcomes. I've fixed the window, and replaced the donut. I also took the liberty to pick up a 1gb parts car with a freshly rebuilt head, rebuildable block, 4 bolt, and a pair of authentic bronze Volk TE 37's. I'll just have to buy another pair online. But for right now both cars are going into storage, because I am deploying this friday. So they will sit for 6 months while I'll have a little stockpile of bolt ons to put on when I get back in Febuary. But first things first as it was meantioned, the motor thats already in #103 need to be refreshend. So #103 is going to be down for a little while when I get back so I can build two motors. The 2.3 Stroker (hehe) and the refreshed stocker. I have big plans for #103, and money won't be a problem atleast it won't for right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

It looks like a good start to me, and hey you have the rare and coveted CUP HOLDER. Nice seats. Looks like most of the cosmetic stuff isn't vr4 specific, should be able to find headlight from a wrecking yard. Dunno what its like in Alaska, but every now and then we see an ls or gs in the boneyard here. You going to do the 5 lug swap to run the volks?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hittman

Quoting AlaskanOwned:
Haha I thought I was off to a bad start here already. Thanks for the welcomes. I've fixed the window, and replaced the donut. I also took the liberty to pick up a 1gb parts car with a freshly rebuilt head, rebuildable block, 4 bolt, and a pair of authentic bronze Volk TE 37's. I'll just have to buy another pair online. But for right now both cars are going into storage, because I am deploying this friday. So they will sit for 6 months while I'll have a little stockpile of bolt ons to put on when I get back in Febuary. But first things first as it was meantioned, the motor thats already in #103 need to be refreshend. So #103 is going to be down for a little while when I get back so I can build two motors. The 2.3 Stroker (hehe) and the refreshed stocker. I have big plans for #103, and money won't be a problem atleast it won't for right now.

where are you deploying too? just wondering because if you would go anywhere near malaysia or JPAN there could be a possibility of you scooping some JDM freshness to replace the bumper and headlights

cupajoe

Welcome to the boards! If your on our local boards I prolly know you. Good luck with your build!

Nope nowhere near Japan. Same old middle east. What's up Cupajoe? When are you leaving for basic training?

Also an update picked up an Evo 3 16g for cheap. So the plan now is to run that on the refreshen 2.0 block and shoot for low 12's, then on to the 2.3 stroker and hx35. I'm trying to decide between a magnus intake or a JMFab intake. I'll talk with my tuner more on it once I get back.

Well here's an update of my progress with #103

2b78ec69.jpg

527fb5f4.jpg

Scraped the holset turbo idea and went with a more autocrossable turbo

Evo III 16g, Evo III Exhaust Manifold, Stainless Steel O2 housing w/ Synapse 40mm EWG, Stock downpipe to 2.5 piping to a generic muffler, Denso 720cc injectors, Aeromotive AFPR, 2g Maf, Custom FMIC and piping, Lower Shores Performance MBC and ECMlink v3. I have a couple more odds and ends to do before its ready to be started. I retained my front bumper support by placing the FMIC behind it and infront of the radiator. Need to cut holes in the bumper support to get more airflow. So i'll look stock other than the hole I had to cut in the hood for the EWG dump tube.

AnotherNewb

Quoting Speed_Racer:
and hey you have the rare and coveted CUP HOLDER.

Wtf is so special about the cup holder?! Dbossman bought one only to find the factory one still in the arm rest.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned