The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

hello everyone!

hey all, my name is mike, i just bought 1893/2000 a few weeks ago, figured i should go ahead and get on this forum, lol, i'll be needing the info and advice for sure! a little background about myself: I'm originally an army brat, so i lived like, 6 different places before my dad got out, i lived in roanoke, VA area from early '01 till i left for the Air Force in may '08. I'm currently stationed at Luke AFB, in phoenix, AZ... I'm 19, this isn't the first turbo car i've owned, i'm originally a saab guy (still love em, want another one eventually), so i know about turbos, mostly garrett stuff though... this IS my first AWD car, and second japanese car (first one was a '92 civic hatch, i still have nightmares about it). so far i'm lovin it! needs work though, both front axles are starting to click (yay), turbo burns oil (about 2 quarts per 650 miles), may be valve seals as well? that's about it as far as real problems (AC doesn't work either), has a few minor things like the clutch needs to be adjusted, and the CEL flashes occasionally, but i'm working on finding out why today... i'll have a LOT more questions soon, as soon as i get my finances restraightned out to where i can actually put more than gas into the car, lol

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Welcome and looking forward to answer some of your questions. Post some pics of the car when you get a chance and pm/email the vin number to iceman on here so it can be added to the database.

CarRacer

Welcome to the site. It's a great place with a ton of information. Read up on the archives here on this site and on Vfaq. You'll find answers to the most common questions you have about your car.

Congrats on the purchase and remember maintainance is your friend if you want to go fast.

IMG00267.jpg

IMG00268.jpg

IMG00269.jpg

IMG00270.jpg

IMG00272.jpg

Welcome! I just picked up a vr4 a couple months back and am down in tucson (actually stationed at davis monthan myself). Congrats on the purchase. If ya got any questions, feel free to ask. I'm no expert though... I'm still learning too, but I have owned a 90 talon tsi awd so I do know a little bit. I have the galant on jackstands right now fixing a few things that were wrong with it... (mostly slave cylinder, shifter, I/C piping and whatnot). Hopefully I'll have it back on the road before next weekend.
I'd like to see that car sometime when ya get it running well. Keep me posted!

Welcome..

"Black is Bad"

We originally wanted a black VR4 but there was none left in any of the dealers in New England when we bought ours
'settled' for white.

I still love the black tho.

boostedinaz

Don't know how I missed this but glad you made it over here Mike.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned