The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

560 build thread

clevr4

[/list]
20150413_160344_zps8guyvu9b.jpg
[/url][/img]

clevr4

Brake pads that came with single piston caliper

20150413_155733_zps3025letq.jpg
[/url][/img]

New caliper, wrong one. Need dual piston larger pads
20150413_155718_zpsnyimuekj.jpg
[/url][/img]

clevr4

So what it comes down to is the stock gvr4 came with 275mm rotors but they were 4 lug. Order stock caliper it will fit on my rotor?

clevr4

okay, its been a while... update but a shitty one. I got the caliper in mail, thought id have problem unscrewing the brake line from the caliper. came out easy . went to screw in the new caliper and stripped the threads on the brake line screw in. so... as of right now im in need of a new brake line. wich isn't so bad because I never did do that test since my bleeder screw was seized. its just bad because its perfect weather outside and have been waiting on that part for a week. if anyone knows of where to get a good replacement line. id be grateful. im going to try to screw it in before I install it on the car to make sure my caliper didn't cause me to strip the threads.

another question, I went to get the brake line off, do I have unscrew it before taking the c clip out or take the c clip out then unscrew... I haven't done much brake work past replacing caliper rotors and brakes. so lines are new to me. I foresee me f***ing up the bracket, clip , or the next section of brake line(hard line) thanks yall... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
You want to loosen the hard line on the car before removing the clip. Possibly unscrew it all the way. Then pull the clip to remove the hose.

You should be able to get a hose locally at an auto parts store, even if it takes them a day or two to get it.

clevr4

Pissed off. What I gt for ordering shitty parts. The caliper stripped the threads on the brake Line. Got a new hoSe and did it again. No where carries that damn hose, so I can't rethread the caliper. sh*t is a pain. Guess is another week down and another 120 in parts

transparentdsm

look in the for sale section, buy a line and caliper from a member here. a known good set. it wont be hard there are a few cars being parted out right now.

clevr4

Anyone have a front driver caliper and outer hose they will ship?

clevr4

I would greatly appreciate. I thought I got a replacement one. But it was two female ends. Pm me PayPal and costs?

clevr4

So I got some parts in the mail. But I'm fed up. My car runs fine, it just can't move because of a caliper. It shouldn't be that hard to fix the damn thing. Here some pictures. I know they are not mitsubishi parts but common.... you'd think they would just work. Atleast with the combination I have here. I'm going to order another line, maybe call the dealer to see if they have.

20150430_212513_zpsfusgj8lv.jpg
[/url][/img]

clevr4

This is stock caliper with autozone line. Im not sure brand. But this is as tight as it will screw by hand. I screwed in the replacement caliper on the hose still on the car and stripped it. And with a replacement hose. Any tricks? I don't want to strip another line if i don't have to. I'm thinking I'll take one of the calipers and rethread the hole and use this line.
20150430_212311_zpsvkx5phan.jpg
[/url][/img]

This is the one that stripped 2 lines
20150430_212237_zpstqto5szy.jpg
[/url][/img]

marvinmadman

I don't see anything wrong. The threads are tapered. Just snug them a bit and they should be good. The nut doesn't have to bottom out against the caliper.

clevr4

Well sh*t nigga, that's why I was stripping bolts. Thanks man

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting marvinmadman:
I don't see anything wrong. The threads are tapered. Just snug them a bit and they should be good. The nut doesn't have to bottom out against the caliper.

They are not tapered threads (10 x 1.0 mm), but there is a seat to seal. It is correct they do not bottom out the nut on the caliper body.

clevr4

Galant fixed. Build thread finally getting to an actual build? Dang. Pick up a 94 f250. Left me stranded. So I have my hands full on another project.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts