The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

560 build thread

clevr4

I would hate to blindly follow your words without asking why? If you have the energy I'd listen to the explanation

clevr4

Damn, you are a true gent. Thanks for that. Bringing it back to the org. What do you run transparent? It seems a catch can will help with a lot of my pet peeves. Atleast hypothetically

clevr4

the reason i asked about catch can and breather filter, because i was tryig to track down a leak. I have been losingoil pretty steady and its been drivving me nuts. i removed the air filter to the turbo and inspected the turbine, no play so thats good. futher inspection showed me my leak. It seems my oil return fitting on the turbo is leaking. Its been raining a bit so i havent tried to get something in there to just tighten it if thats the problem. im curious if there is some kind of gasket that goes from turbo to line.

clevr4

So the fitting I have isn't stock. Do they make Gasket for it? Bad picture but circled in yellow.
2015-06-05%2009.05.51_zpsxrrtodq2.jpg
[/url][/img]

clevr4

On amother note it was mentioned about my oil feed line to turbo. My turbo is a to4e 50 trim. If that helps

clevr4

Will a leak there cause turbo issues. Under boost and what Not?

89Patches

Why did you post up a link to RPF1's for? You got other things to worry about more than rims, like washing that mess underneath your car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif
And no that little oil leak from the turbo return isn't going to hurt anything. Well unless you let the oil pan go dry, Lol.

Here's the link to the gasket: click

clevr4

thank you for link. 12 dollars shipping for something that's 4 dollars. Any other gasket I should order while I'm there? And I put those wheels up becuase! I've learned owning your gvr4 is depressing at times, the love is strong but you need something to look forward to. Gold would be dope. Just give me that haha

89Patches

Ya what else is leaking that needs to be fixed! Haha.

If your looking to buy RPF1's hit up bobdole, considering he deals Enkei rims and is a member here! click

clevr4

I ordered a new 2g dipstick and a new shift bushing. I got the oem ome. But I do have short shifter. Hope it fits. And yeah I like the enkei, they look good quality without the bbs prIce. Is just be interested in finding used. Quite the investment there. I also don't know if 18 would fit. 5 lug conversion bolt pattern is 5x114?

clevr4

And after checking his page I wonder if I should start a new thread....lol jk about offset fitting and what not for the wheels.

transparentdsm

there are a bunch of pages on tire, wheel and fitment all over the interwebs for our cars. the return isn't bad if its sweating a little bit, but IMHO there shouldn't ever be any fluid leak coming from anywhere. the oil inlet line should not be leaking at all. you need to have the right amount of pressure being fed to the turbo at all times and if its leaking its losing pressure.

clevr4

Yeah, I might take off the turbo to fix that gasket. It's a pain with no lift and being low to get to that sucker. I hate having to keep her down. But I guess sh*t ain't right aND patience is a virtue

transparentdsm

i wouldnt take the turbo off. thats a lot of work and a few other gaskets for just a little one. just completely remove the return line, clean it up real good, go get some gasket paper sheets, cut 2 new gaskets, put a lite coat of RTV on them and reinstall. wait at least 4 hours before driving the car so the RTV can harden.

Edit: a floor jack and set of jack stands should be more then enough.

Last edited:

clevr4

Appreciate it Man. Cleaned out my throttle body today. It wasn't too dirty. Any thought on the feed line? Will I need restrictor?

transparentdsm

i have no idea, each turbo is different and i don't know anything other then its a 50 trim. you would need to check with the company that makes the turbo and what they recommend.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts