The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

560 build thread

clevr4

Thanks for the 5 lug swap info.

Flying, I didnt think of that, I guess I should though. I haven't Blead the line yet to see if it's a bad line. I'm still ordering a new caliper for that side. I did not like the rusty flakes coming out of the front piston. Ill go ahead and order the caliper, oem has 2 different calipers, one for before March of my production year and one after, that info should be on my door jam?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
As mentioned above, 5 lug should not affect the brakes. GVR4 calipers use a screw in line, not banjo. Also, I have never seen any difference in front or rear calipers by production month. Where are you seeing that information?

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Quoting FlyingEagle:
I assume that means he just has to make sure the fitting on the side is identical to the style the GVR4 uses for the flex hose fitting, correct?

Do GVR4's use banjo or screw in fittings?

*Thanks for confirmation Iceman, as I did indeed install GVR4 front lines onto my C53A Colt with a turbo brake setup, and they were screw in style!

Been a few years since that was performed.

clevr4

The info was on mitsubishiparts.net 91 galant vr4.

clevr4

Well I ordered parts for a 97 eclipse because I didnot know what the PO had useD. I got his email back today saying he used 90-92 eclipse gsx rotors and calipers. So I don't think the rotor or the caliper will do for my setup. May have to return.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Well I hope he didn't, as those are smaller than stock GVR4 stuff.

clevr4

If I need 256mm rotors, will 275nn fit?

clevr4

I know that sounded straight retard. But i didn't know what the measurement measured. If it was spacing I think I'd be okay. But I'm pretty sure it's diameter. Meaning I'd need a different mounting bracket?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Sounds like someone went backwards on your brakes and installed regular galant or 1g small brakes.

Yes,that measure is diameter. You need the right calipers.

89Patches

Your car has the factory 2 piston 276mm rotors.

Don't know what the confusion is nor do I feel like reading. Order pads and rotors for a 93+ Talon or Eclipse.

Coltsfan

I just read all this and ^^^ what he said is exactly right! Buy 93/94 DSM AWD Pads, 276mm rotors and twin piston calipers with the brackets. The whole thing will bolt to your knuckles with zero modifications.

Last edited:

clevr4

I think the point was missed. I'm not looking to upgrade at the moment just replace what I have on driver side. I have a twin piston caliper. And I haven't compared my rotors to the ones that came in mail. I already bought new brake pads.

Coltsfan

That's what belongs on it. The 2g twin piston calipers are wrong, but maybe you can make them work. The stock Gvr4 brakes are the same as 93-94 AWD DSM brakes but with 4 lug rotors. I should know my Colt and Galant both use them.

Last edited:

clevr4

I think I spoke too soon. I think there is wrong information on my end. The Pecos owner says 90-92 AWD brakes. But he could be mistaken. I have not returned the new rotors just for that reason. Because I have the ones needed for the setup all of you are referring too. And in the 5 lug conversion write up wouldn't it mention to use 93+ brakes and components? I hate to think the PO downgraded while trying to make an upgrade.

clevr4

Thanks transparent, always bringing the clear solution to my thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

I'll take a picture tomorrow

clevr4

Sorry for the crappy pictures. But it may help, I'll get the wheel off later. I want to enjoy this thing. Changed plug wires today, went to change plugs but I didn't have a large enough deep socket. I had 17, any clue what the plugs are?

20150413_130613_zpsaa9afffs.jpg
[/url][/img]

20150413_130656_zps1gfgy7pz.jpg
[/url][/img]

clevr4

Okay, so I'm kind of sTuck. I have more pictures but don't feel like uploading right now. The new caliper I ordered was single piston with much smaller brake pads. The 275mm rotor fit on the driver side. So the question is. What caliper will fit the 275mm and has dual piston?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts