The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

560 build thread

clevr4

Has anyone had problems rubbing rotor when changing components on 5 lug? At first it was my caliper bracket, not it seems something else is rubbing. Was crunching when hard braking

clevr4

Learned a fun fact, 560 has a 4 bolt rear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fiascoxl

Ha, was it me that told you that up on Skyline drive? I remember saying that to my buddy to tease him a bit in his 90 GSX. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

clevr4

Yeah, but i looked under there while tweaking my exhaust and sure enough. "Viscous lsd" label /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Doesn't automatically make it a 4 bolt. I have 3-bolt LSD under mine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

clevr4

You're cold iceman. Maybe further inspection is needed. I read the differences and what to look for but no picture evidence. I need pictures lol

clevr4

What the hell was mitsubishi thinking when they made the clutch switch to start? Why wouldn't they just have a solid clutch arm instead of that circle? What goes in the circle? I must get a replecemnt because I looked stupid the other day. I stalled on a hill, had to get out of car to turn car back on. My penny and duct tape didn't hold up

G

Staff member
Bruh, just unplug it.

clevr4

Unplugging deletes the clutch to start? I mean I get it if someone else uses your car is nice. But I press the clutch anyways while starting unless I'm working on it. Then I just check if in gear

GSTwithPSI

Yes, simply unplugging the connector disables it.

You want to disable it because when starting the car, you're putting unnecessary pressure on the crank thrust bearing. Not to mention, the thrust isn't fully lubricated on initial startup. For the most part, the clutch switch is just a typical factory safety feature required for a production vehicle to be sold to the masses. Unless you're using it to enable NLTS or something, it's worthless. If you want to ensure longevity, unplug that sh*t.

clevr4

Took the galant on a road trip, 260 miles round trip. Filled up and my gas mileage was 27mph. 27.4 to be exact. I was pretty amazed by that.

Fixed an exhaust clamp that wasn't holding tight, everytime I pulled hard the pipe would pop off. She's running great

clevr4

I'll add a picture. But what the hell is the port all the way to left of the valve cover. is it emissions stuff? Can I block it? It seems I have an air filter there. But oil comes through it? Gayyy

clevr4

20150531_121613_zpsmuwgarqg.jpg
[/url][/img]

clevr4

Is there a way to save this oil? Seems like a waste

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts