The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GalantVR4.ORG 1/4 Mile Leader Board!

RedTwo

The Galant VR4.org 1/4 leader board:
Late Updated: 24/12/2012

titleblock.gif

[*]
qizmovr4badge.gif
qizmovr4date.gif

[*]
galantvr41062badge.gif
galantvr41062date.gif

[*]
garagedefeatbadge.gif
garagedefeatet.gif
00notimeslip.gif
00nodate.gif

[*]
rlturbo35badge.gif
00novideo.gif
rlturbo35date.gif

[*]
raifbadge.gif
raifet.gif
00notimeslip.gif
00nodate.gif

[*]
00notimeslip.gif
00novideo.gif
markdate.gif

[*]
natecrismanet.gif
natecrismandate.gif

[*]
00novideo.gif
00nodate.gif

[*]
00notimeslip.gif
00novideo.gif
brainawddate.gif

[*]
martyname.gif
martyet.gif
00novideo.gif
martydate.gif

[*]
brisvr4badge.gif
brisvr4et.gif
00novideo.gif
brisvr4date.gif

[*]
veyporbadge.gif
00notimeslip.gif
00novideo.gif
00nodate.gif

[*]
nzvr4rsbadge.gif
00notimeslip.gif
00novideo.gif
nzvr4rsdate.gif

[*]
emx5636badge.gif
emx5636et.gif
00notimeslip.gif
emx5636date.gif

[*]
turbotommyname.gif
turbotommyet.gif
00notimeslip.gif
00novideo.gif
00nodate.gif

[*]
dsmtalontsi95badge.gif
dsmtalontsi95et.gif
00notimeslip.gif
00novideo.gif
00nodate.gif

[*]
turbowopet.gif
00notimeslip.gif
00novideo.gif
turbowopdate.gif

[*]
rigel1818et.gif
00notimeslip.gif
00novideo.gif
00nodate.gif

[*]
sleepyvr4badge.gif
sleepyvr4et.gif
00novideo.gif
sleepyvr4date.gif

[*]
thebozet.gif
00notimeslip.gif
00nodate.gif

[*]
privvayet.gif
00notimeslip.gif
00novideo.gif
00nodate.gif

[*]
gvr4737et.gif
00notimeslip.gif
00novideo.gif
00nodate.gif

[*]
vr4coopet.gif
00notimeslip.gif
00nodate.gif

[*]
turboflanaganet.gif
00notimeslip.gif
00novideo.gif
00nodate.gif

[*]
jasonget.gif
00notimeslip.gif
00novideo.gif
00nodate.gif

[*]
jonet.gif
00notimeslip.gif
00novideo.gif
00nodate.gif

[*]
alainb7et.gif
00notimeslip.gif
00novideo.gif
00nodate.gif

[*]
alphamaleet.gif
00notimeslip.gif
00novideo.gif
alphamaledate.gif

[*]
91glantet.gif
00notimeslip.gif
00novideo.gif
00nodate.gif

[*]
uncleben4ricebadge.gif
uncleben4riceet.gif
00notimeslip.gif
00nodate.gif

[*]
vr4534badge.gif
vr4534et.gif
00novideo.gif
vr4534date.gif

[*]
vman911badge.gif
00notimeslip.gif
00novideo.gif
00nodate.gif

[*]
mitsuturbobadge.gif
mitsuturboet.gif
00notimeslip.gif
00novideo.gif
mitsuturbodate.gif

[*]
slobrabadge.gif
00notimeslip.gif
00novideo.gif
00nodate.gif

[*]
bustedsmet.gif
00notimeslip.gif
00novideo.gif
00nodate.gif

[*]
656of1000et.gif
00notimeslip.gif
00novideo.gif
00nodate.gif

[*]
golfballbadge.gif
00notimeslip.gif
00novideo.gif
golfballdate.gif

[*]
mistavr4badge.gif
mistavr4et.gif
00notimeslip.gif
00novideo.gif
00nodate.gif

[*]
00notimeslip.gif
00novideo.gif
00nodate.gif

[*]
matt92vr4badge.gif
00notimeslip.gif
00novideo.gif
matt92vr4date.gif

[/list]

Last edited:

RedTwo

GVR4.ORG 1/4 Mile Leader Board FAQ:

1) My mate's car isn't on here? How does he get on?
To get on this list you must comply with all of the following:
a) Must have a galantVR4.org user account.
b) Must be your car (or teams car in the case of race teams).
c) Must be a Mitsubishi car with a E3XA chassis code.
d) Must be a complete 1/4 mile run - no estimated 1/8 mile times will be accepted.

2) Ok, I've checked all the right boxes, how do I get on there?
There are really two ways to get on the leader board:
a) Send me a PM with your timeslip data - the more numbers the better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
b) Make a new topic about your latest drag strip escapades.

3) What do F/R/N/T/V mean?
F - Fuel used (In AKI)
- AKI is generally 4-5 points lower than the same RON; 98 RON = 93 AKI.
R - Rubber (Tyres) used.
- R Road tyres The rubber on your Gran's first car to ultra high performance tyres.
- S 'Semi' slick The kind that starts off with 'road legal' or 'DOT approved' in the description.
- D Drag slick A full slick or close to it.
N - NOS, Nitrous, etc was used.
T - Timeslip is available.
V - Video is available

4) Oh Noez! You've got something wrong!
If you spot a mistake, typo or otherwise incorrect or missing information please let me know so I can fix it up.

5) Hey, why is a guy who ran 12.397 ranked higher than my 12.3?
Because the other guy has a more specific E/T, whereas '12.3' could be anything from 12.300 to 12.399.

6) Your layout is pretty rough/messed up/looks like dogs balls...
Yeah... give it some time and it should get better.

7) Hey, I used to have 5, 6, 7, 8+ entries on the leaderboad, what gives?!
To prevent cluttering and smothering the leaderboard, people will only have their best E/T listed. However, I am still recording all time slips for shits and giggles.

8) If you're recording everything, can you tell me what the record with xxx is?
Sure, drop me a PM with what you're after and I'll try and provide an answer.

9) Where do I go if I click on these links in the leaderboard?
If available, clicking the user name will take you to the members profile page. Badge number to the members ride page and E/T data to the race result thread.

Last edited:

NateCrisman

Ok, first off: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif This is a great addition to this board! Seriously, I applaud you.

If I can make a suggestion, would it be possible to make a space next to "Turbo" for Fuel? It seems to be just as important as turbocharger being that people run fuels that are so different (pumpgas, racegas, e85, Methanol). Moving the N for nitrous into a white box would also separate it well..maybe make it an entry box with a number representing the size of shot in HP. Then your Timeslip and Video links would be less cluttered too. Also linking the badge # box to either members's rides or an outside info website.

Second: the fact that I constitute 25% of the top 20 is staggering. It would seem to me that with all the talk of modifying these cars on the board that more guys would be running at the track and getting decent results. Hopefully this will light a fire under some people in 2011 and we see more cars improving their times and changing their setup. (many of these times are quite old). I'd personally love to see people get more involved and this board fill in. I'll get the info for GizmoVR4 #10, we are working on putting that car into the #5 spot in 2011.

Third: rule #8 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I go to the track about 5-6 times a year, Island Dragway is only 11 miles from my house. I think Im up there so much because I go with a different setup damn near every time. If you guys wanted to accept different fuels as well as with nitrous/without nitrous I think I could take over upwards of 45% of the top20.

Guess I'll take the opportunity to make some corrections as well:

#5: Badge is 139/1000 Turbo is a SC5031 Date is Nov 20, 2009 Fuel was 116 sunoco racegas N20: 40hp Video Link
#14 All good Fuel was E85 no video unfortunately
#17 Badge is 139/1000 Slip: 4.986-330' 7.694 @ 90.06- 1/8 10.025-1000' Date: May 18, 2010 Video Link
#20 I'll PM you with the info once I find the timeslips to fill in the mid track #'s
#18....dude, that's a junk pass...feel free to remove it and bump everyone else a spot...that pass was with a turbo missing half the compressor blades and the bearing bound up. Not something Im proud off!

Last edited:

curtis

Nice

Like Nate said fuel column would be nice....also another comment section as well so if you want to put down full gutted with a stand alone set-up, stroker etc

Either way really cool start

Ian M

Sweet addition!

Last time I was at the track with my white car was '05 IIRC. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif I need to find the slip and submit it,two lousy passes on a then new setup but I'd just make the top 20 for now at least. I need to get the car back on the road and go run a more respectable number. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Galantvr41062

I sent a PM with some more information. The car does not have nitrous, and I sent in links to my time slip and video on Youtube.

~John

RedTwo

Yeah layout needs some serious work! It will have to be a juggling act to fit everything on there, if anything I'd suggest the 330', 1000' followed by the 1/8 mile e/t and mph could be cut. I am resizing the turbo column which should free up a bit of space.

Currently not enough people use NOS (Nate and Mark?) to have shot size. Fuel type could be a goer and possibly even tyre compound (street, semi slick, drag radial). It might be more beneficial to have people update their ride pages with more of the finer details rather than try and fit everything onto a single 12 font line.

Due to the constraints of UBB I was sevearly limited in the setting out of links, I have the urls of everyones profile page, ride page and if available to their build and/or race result threads which I will work into a clickable system somehow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Sadly, it seems it's pretty much the same around the world - people will modify and race their cars all day long but if it involves going somewhere official, paying a little money or actually fronting up with numbers they shy away. Just look at how many people here talk about racing cars on the freeway or similar!

If it makes you feel better Nate, you don't even appear on the dyno board! 4thstroke is bit of an addict though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now, to take 18 months to post up the Dyno dick swinging competition leader board... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

bustedsm

Let me see if I can dig up the time slip so I can give you more of an accurate time w/ 60' and all that.

misfitsnemesis

This is a awsome addition for the people wanting to know who is running fastest in GVR4. I do agree gas type would be a great addition. Ive been looking for this kind of info and beyound dsmtimes.org to go off of that is it.

mitsuturbo

This is the best run i ever submitted a timeslip for... it's on dsmtimes.org, actually.

Anthony Lawton -- 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
1/4 Time 13.415 Drivetrain AWD Date Ran 8/15/2003
1/4 MPH 99.32 Transmission Manual Altitude 5000
1/8 Time 8.469 Turbo sm16g Boost 17
1/8 MPH 80.54 Nitrous No Fuel 104 unleaded
60' 1.769 Weight 3480

Garage_Defeat

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Thanks for your contribution to the board. That is great that we will now have an updated "dsmtimes" 1/4 mile list for Galant VR-4's.

I have a few videos on my youtube link. click

9.56 @ 149.5 mph GT4094r Divided T4 (2009)

9.49 @ 150 / 9.51 @ 153 FP HTA 3794 T3 Housing (2010)

-Dan

Last edited:

brisvr4

This just makes me spend more money /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What about if we just put up peoples fastest times? That would also help to give more people the chance of making the list.
I'm hoping for spot number 6 or better before the end on the year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i agree with just letting people post their fastest time.....

If you ran 12.50 then 11.75 the 11.50.....just put 11.50 in the highest spot because

if you start in the thirteens and mod into the tens then realistically the tope 3 probably ran every single time possible on their quest to run a 9.51 or w/e

Follow me?

Hey Raif now hurry up and paint it the fastest color white lol thanks again car is running strong.

RedTwo

So I'm slowly updating things. I think I will change it so it's one member, one time. Otherwise the list will become very bloated and it's not a good look to see one car taking up spots 1, 2, 3 and 5 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I will however still record all available time slips, with an eye on finding out the fastest person with each turbo/gas/tyre, etc.

Dang, this is pretty time consuming! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

if there wasnt a foot of snow at the track i would be in spot number 19 maybe 18 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts