The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

cft shop galant vr4

rlturbo35

Hi Guys ,
just to share the videos of my galant vr4 on the dsm shootout 2012 , our plans was to run in the 8s , but we have some major driving issues , my driver found 2 instead of 4 gear , but things happen , we are putting the engine back together and i guarantee a new record !!!!

we ran 9.61 in the 2nd pass , the blow off valve diaphram was broke !!!! 31 psi only !!!

click

on the 3rd pass we do 1.40 60 feet but driver missed the gear , still ran 6.0 at the 1/8 mile , 40 psi !!! we have been in the 5.86 at the 1/8 before !!!!

click

oh well , almost done , thanks to C.W. PENCE MACHINE SHOP and Mech Tech College from Orlando , Florida !!!!

Thanks Rolo
www.cftshop.com
PH 407 273 1051

LIV4PSI

Post up a mod list and some pictures if you have any. I was at the Shootout and got to admire the car first hand. You should show it off more, most of GVR4 owners didn't even know it existed.

rlturbo35

It's true , been out of the forum for a good amount of time ,

C.F.T. Shop galant vr4
4g63 2.0 engine
C.P. Pistons cft shop custom specs
groden aluminum rods
stock crankshaft with ati damper
brian crower 280 cams
Competition clutch twin disk(3 years no issues )
Shearer turbo exhaust t4 manifold with dual precision turbo wastegates
Turbonetics cft shop custom turbo (69mm cast wheel comp wheel 66 turbine trim 1.00 divided turbine housing )
e98 ethanol no intercooler
2200 microtech efi injectors
ems stinger efi stand alone computer
Hawver intake manifold 90mm ford throttle body
mits evo 3 rear diff and evo 3 stg 4 tranny built by shep racing (big shaft transfer case too)
dss 1000hp axles
3000 pounds plus with driver
875hp at the wheels for now !!!!

Thanks Rolo
www.cftshop.com
407 273 1051

LIV4PSI

Thank you for posting the mod list. I knew the engine had aluminum rods, as I saw them scattered all over the track /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

rlturbo35

yep datalog shows 12700 before let them out !!!!! oh well , we are doing a new shifter to avoid those problems !!!!

3rdstrikedsm

CW PENCE rocks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

EMX5636

Awesome car guys! I didn't make it to the shootout, but a buddy there was sending me pics of your car all weekend. Sucks about the over-rev, I've personally seen a few bite the dust during a 2-3-2. Any insight to the shifter mods for us guys that race? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'll be awaiting pics and videos of the build and passes after it's back together. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GSX_TC

Awesome car, it makes GVR4's look great and i cant believe i didnt get to see it in person /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif Now all is left to do is either teach that driver how to drive or stick someone that knows how to shift gears properly.

Will y'all be attending next years shootout with the car again?

rlturbo35

Yes , we are gonna try to run 8s , the guys from C.W. PENCE Really help us , the machine works was really impressive !!!! props to Billy And Jeffrey !!!!! the real deal on the 4g63 engine !!

turbowop

Quoting GSX_TC:
Now all is left to do is either teach that driver how to drive or stick someone that knows how to shift gears properly.

sh*t happens. I'm sure a lot of us, including me, have had the dreaded 3-2 shift while trying to mash through the gears as quickly as possible.

rlturbo35

true sh*t happens /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif, i have a friend of mine fixin the shifter tower base !!!! soon will post pictures !!!

Tre3zy

Quoting turbowop:
Quoting GSX_TC:
Now all is left to do is either teach that driver how to drive or stick someone that knows how to shift gears properly.

sh*t happens. I'm sure a lot of us, including me, have had the dreaded 3-2 shift while trying to mash through the gears as quickly as possible.

well the way he sounded to me MARK he seem like he doesnt make this kind of mistake /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif id like to see him drive that thing hahaha

GSX_TC

im not saying i am incapable of shifting from 3rd to 2nd. but i havent.but i understand, we're only human and in life there's gonna be mistakes. anyways goodluck to yalls conquest for 8's i personally cant wait to see the car next year and see & hear it in action. its gonna be pretty awesome having that car Represent for GVR4's out there and hopefully the One Lap VR4 will be at it again as well.

boostin4door

Saw the car @ the SO and it is badass!!
[More pics wanted!]
Too bad about the issues but thats racing...
Good luck w/the build and I'm sure your hit your goals!!

rlturbo35

C.W. Pence machine Shop(the best) in Maitland , Fl already have my new motor and it's working on all the details to have it ready , completely new set up 10.1 C.P. Pistons Sponsored by Real Street Performance ,aluminum rods(L19 bolts) by Marco from Magnus Motorsports , a friend of mine Jaytec Performance (Josh Dsm )gave me a brand new 6 bolt block ,and C.F.T. Crew , thanks to my sponsors , here we go again in 2 weeks to get this baby done and back to the track a.s.a.p !!!!

Thanks Guys for the support i will make the gvr4 community happy soon !!!!

GSX_TC

that sounds like one hell of a bottom end, im soo jealous /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

LUNARFX

Hey Rolo. Good to see you here. I'd seen your GVR-4 bust down times pretty frequent down in the Orlando tracks, so when I saw you guys pull in at the track, I knew the weekend was going to be badass. The sound of the crowd when you made your passes were priceless and in case some of you didn't see the other thread, here's a few pictures I took of his car.

DSCF2317.jpg

DSCF2318.jpg

DSCF2376.jpg

DSCF2377.jpg

DSCF2409.jpg

Good luck and look forward to see it run more in the future!

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned