The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

TT CTS-V goes down to my stock motor hx40 car

blackvr4

Lost a few weeks ago in my galant, kicked me into gear to put talon back together.

here is the thread from when I took the L in the galant, I was way outgunned, still gambled tho.

click

Went out first pass CTS-V wasn't ready so I made a solo pass in the car, cops ended up coming we had to go to a different road.
click

2nd road from the side
click

Same pass from the rear. (skating on 24" slicks)
click

Stock motor 4G63 FTMFW.

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

Gawd damn, that thing comes out of the hole hard. That vid from the rear looked like the car was all over the place. Can you post up a mod list?

blackvr4

Stock motor, 56mm hx40, and your typical DSM stuff, 5speed, ACT2900, etcetc

tek_88

After all that money into the CTS-V he must be filling really pissed, lol. Nice run though

Last edited:

blackvr4

Quoting tek_88:
After all that money into the CTS-V he must be filling really pissed, lol. Nice run though

Haha thanks, i dono if hes that mad we are friends he kept texting me like dude u are gonna f*** me up, still gave me a chance to win my 40 dollars back so i gotta give him props for that!

manikbastrd

Damn dude. That thing gets it!!! I got a buddy in an evoX that you should run out in jersey. He's on a 7670 making 500+ to the wheels.

blackvr4

I almost never partake in mitsu on mitsu violence. Too many V8 boys running around thinking they are safe cause 122ci sitting in the other lane.

MellowVR4

Quoting blackvr4:
I almost never partake in mitsu on mitsu violence. Too many V8 boys running around thinking they are safe cause 122ci sitting in the other lane.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif That was awesome!Whats your fuel setup?

blackvr4

E85, bluemax1550s, 8an/6an feed/return, dual walbros. Fuelab filter, fic rail, AEROMOTIVE afpr

MellowVR4

nice!

EMX5636

Good job Alex. Just one of those cars that performs way better than the list/sum of parts. Plus I've seen the dude drive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif I love the Liberty box.

Vr4junkie

Quoting blackvr4:
V2 link, with 2G maf, liberty trans i put together myself.

How do you like the Liberty trans so far and how's it holding up to the abuse and dsm 1st or gvr4 1st ?

Ever since I seen EMX5636 do his tranny I been really considering going this route.

blackvr4

Quoting EMX5636:
Good job Alex. Just one of those cars that performs way better than the list/sum of parts. Plus I've seen the dude drive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif I love the Liberty box.

haha thanks Justin! Yea finding the right combination of parts is the most important part! Car is simple, light, good shifting trans, works in dirt.

I still appreciate all the guidance you gave me when I was putting the liberty box together, I absolutely love it.

Quoting Vr4junkie:
How do you like the Liberty trans so far and how's it holding up to the abuse and dsm 1st or gvr4 1st ?

Ever since I seen EMX5636 do his tranny I been really considering going this route.

I love the liberty box, obviously from looking at the car you can tell I don't drive it daily lol, but the trans is seriously badass, I know EMX5636 puts some mileage on his trans! It really isn't that bad to drive around, once you get used to it and really understand whats going on inside and adjust your driving habits accordingly its really not bad.

As of now its holding up fantastic, At the end of the season when I go to a built motor I may tear her apart and inspect it see how shes liking the tight shimming and fluid selection. Just imagine a trans that shifts as fast as you can pull and push, when you make a pass in the car it literally shifts like everything is broken inside, there is no resistence, no fighting threw the feel of the synchro nothing, effortless.

blackvr4

yes and no.

All I am doing is got the NLTS set to 7K and I am tapping the clutch pedal to disengage the CC switch as i pull into next gear. clutch never really gets disengaged. just someway to unload the gears without letting off the gas pedal. Justin suggested I do it that way made sense lol

Last edited:

ApexHunter

That's cool. Similar concept to a quick shifter on a bike, where you have the torque sensor on the shift rod that sends a signal to temporarily cut spark when it senses the movement on the shifter. Would be sweet to move the sensor from your clutch to your shifter so that you don't even have to tap the clutch. Your setup now works fine, but this would be badass, just sayin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Sweet car BTW.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned