The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4WS leak problem...

heh makes sense. I bought two oil pan bolts. I got M14 x 1.50. Are those the right size? Think I read it somewhere, but can't find it now...Searching clearly owns me...

turbowop

I thought people had issues with the oil drain bolts leaking?

The way I did mine was by removing the lines from the steering rack, cutting the ends so that they were about an inch or so long, then welding the cut end up. That way you retain the factory little o-ring that seals them, and they fit back into the rack like they're supposed to.

Saw that also turbo...I couldn't weld if my life depended on it though. No equip and no know-how /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

you need two of these for the the front ps rack. part# 592906ERL and two part# 991947 I believe it is 5/8 18 to -6an

Last edited by a moderator:

turbowop

Quoting Mase:
Saw that also turbo...I couldn't weld if my life depended on it though. No equip and no know-how /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Neither can I. Just take the ends to somebody that can and pay them five bucks to weld up the ends. I'm sure you have exhaust shops and other fabwork places that can tackle it.

Are you guys talking about the same lines here? Who's right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Cool. Will look into it. Thank you very much for your information. I'll get to the bottom of this eventually! LOL

Just ordered two of each. Should be here in a few days. Not sure if I got a deal, but I got em from Summitracing for $23 shipped. Might be calling you Chris hehehe

I hope I gave you the right part # for the AN fitting that goes into the power steering rack. I couldnt remember if it was 5/8 18 or 11/16-18 on the power steering rack.

part#991947
part#991950

I know the caps are correct part # I gave you. maybe someone could chime in and help a brotha out.

I think its M14x1.5 to -6 an fitting you need. I believe I got the part number from tommyp

heh that's what I ordered so I hope your right too lol

If not I will just have to return for the right one. Next thing I am going to need sage advice on is whether I should go with a evo3 16g or a 20g... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Nobody has any advice on turbo's? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

From what im ready the e3 16g seems more than sufficient. But for the little extra $$ is the 20g better? Is it more power but slower?

Quoting chris:
I hope I gave you the right part # for the AN fitting that goes into the power steering rack. I couldnt remember if it was 5/8 18 or 11/16-18 on the power steering rack.

part#991947
part#991950

I know the caps are correct part # I gave you. maybe someone could chime in and help a brotha out.

I think its M14x1.5 to -6 an fitting you need. I believe I got the part number from tommyp

Think 991947 was the wrong ones. A few other posts on here have referenced 991954. Says M14 1.5. This the right one?

click

[quote name=chris

Get the 2nd one then bro i know its one of them so if the 1st one didnt work just return it and grab the 2nd one.

Put the car up level instead of just having the rear lifted. Its easier and safer to work on this way.

If you look under the front by the subframe on the pass side you will see two specific lines ( here on the left ) that run to the back of the car from the front rack. You can cut the lines there and have someone weld them closed. Thats what I did. Remove your power steering belt so you don't kill the pump and drive the car over to a welder and have them weld those lines shut. Then put the belt back on and top off the system with fluid. Check this thread. Here.

As for turbos, an evo 3 16g will work just fine for you as long as you keep the stock boost (10 psi or so) for now until you learn more. In extreme cars E316g's have gone as fast as 10's in the 1/4. See times here. And www.vfaq.com is your friend.

To search efficiently on thsi site put a + or - in front of the word. Like this: +4ws +remove.

Thanks Mike. All very good information. I guess I am capping the lines at the rack now so im assuming that would remove the need to do the cut and weld on the lines in that picture. The evo 3 seems like a perfect fit for what I want so I will probably head onto that once I get the power steering problems resolved. Thanks for the tip on adding the + in front of searches. That certainly helped me find some more writeups.

Ok gents. Finally got a little more time to scamper around under the VR4 again. I pulled off some metal support (three bolts in the front and two in the back) and got a closer look at the lines that I believe need to be capped. I took some pictures as I want to make sure that the ones that need to be capped are right before I start pulling it all apart. I labeled the lines in blue that I think are to be capped. Also any suggestions on taking those lines off? I don't think I have a tool that will be able to get in there that well. I also took a pic of the current state of the power steering reservoir. Any inputs on that being right or wrong would be great.

Thanks again!

Mase

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned