The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

190 lph fuel pump for DSM same as GVR4?

I have the feeling I am going to be asking these types of questions for a long long time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I am going to be hunting around for a 190 lph fuel pump for my setup. When I hit ebay etc, are
the pumps and pump kits interchangeable? I am getting alot more DSM hits in my searches.

Thanks!

JSchleim18

Yes the fuel pump can be interchanged with a DSM fuel pump. HOWEVER, the fuel pump sending units are DIFFERENT than a DSM's. Only the Galant VR-4 and Galant GS-X sending units work in our cars.

Thanks, what about the sock/filter? Is it angled the same? I have had some real sob stories with that on my other cars.

jepherz

Staff member
You'll want to do some searching around the board, because I know it has been discussed before, but I believe a DIRECT swap requiring no mods is a pump from a 2g. The 1g dsm pump is oriented the opposite way, requiring that you cut your fuel sender and use a piece of hose to link the two.

Thanks so far and wow! The last thing that I want to be doing is cutting stuff up down there. I have searched but I will keep on trying.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned