The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Newb questions on 255 install from old fart

PJGross

Wiring to/around tank is pretty good. Car has sat in garage now most of its life. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

However, I just ordered a relay and will rewire the fuel pump harness while everything is apart. I will just go into the car side wire harness, I am not going to re-wire all the way to the pump. This should remove any voltage drop from front to back of the car at least. I also made a mount plate for the new redtop optima and will have a 150A breaker at the battery, too.

Not sure where I'm putting the relay yet. I did order one that has a waterproof plug as part of it with the wire leads coming off. This should help keep it clean.

Getting this thing up and running is becoming a bigger project than I initially thought it would be.

There really isn't much left that is not new/refreshed after this so I should be able to move on to tuning fairly quick after this week.

-PJ

slugsgomoo

late to the party, but the rewire should actually quiet a 255 down a bit in my experience.

Aside from that I also had a supra pump die out of nowhere (I replaced it with a wally 450).

PJGross

I bought a waterproof relay, completed the fuel tank POR treatment, rewired the relay to the harness, completed a mount plate to the trunk, secured the red top optima, added a 150A breaker, put all back together and the pump is so quiet you can barely hear it.

Now it idles great prior to driving, after driving for a while, clutch in to a stop it won’t hold rpm and stalls. Also idle searches a bit unless I tap the gas and get it to settle. No crazy up and downs though.

O2s don’t appear to cycle at idle, gauge just sits lean.

So, mechanically all set. Now I have to tune.

I will start a thread in general for tuning.

Thanks for help on the pump/tank issue. This is now properly fixed!
PJ

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned