The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

fuel/turbo set up

I have a 91 vr4 stock exhaust ma
nifold and turbo. Would like to upgrade to ported 2g and then get a 20g turbo followed by Injectors/fuel pump and is a fuel pressure regulator necessary for this set up? I was thinking 190 wb pump 560 injectors and a full pressure regulator. Is all that necessary for that turbo or would I be wasting money? I think my performance goal in the long run is 350 HP is that a good way to go?

Lonewolf64

I'd recommend going with a larger fuel pump and larger injectors than that. Either a walbro 255 or supra tt pump, and at least 750cc injectors. There is nothing more annoying than being power limited only because you're running out of fuel and you definitely will run out of fuel especially if you decide to run a non-rewired 190lph pump with 560 injectors.

Adorsey

You can work with the stock fpr for your goals

Lonewolf64

While it is true you could get away with using the stock FPR, you will be continuously overrunning it at idle causing a permanent rich idle. I'd recommend sticking to your original plan of upgrading to an AFPR. Both aeromotive and fuel lab make excellent units. I've also heard that buschur racing's unit is nice because it can be bolted directly onto the fuel rail.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned