The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2.3L short block for 533/1000

BlitzVR4

Been toying the idea of having a stroker short block built for the Galant. Well it's finally happening. Got these images tonight of the parts. Should have the short block next week.

I will give full details later.

New pic Ross pistons on FFWD Connections Vader Rods

Last edited:

turbohf

aluminum rod 2.3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

love my 2.4L... was a good (expensive) move. just need to fix the rest of the car bolted to it lol.

prove_it

Sexy rods....

too bad you'll never see them after the build, hopefully.

Last edited:

1dvsdsm

damn, I have a brand new set of stroker pistons I was thinking about selling.... Eh ill bring em to the shoot out. Looks great! oem crank?

mitsuturbo

Depending on what pistons they are, i might want them.
I need a set with a 21mm pin, so i don't have to go buying rods right away for my 2.3L build.

362Ryan

You don't need to buy new rods. A machine shop can resize the 1g rods to 22mm.

JamesFoster

Awesome! Dem rods is perrty nicee

Also like dat crank. Same one inside my engine, turns around and cranks the rods and pistons and stuff, all the way to 100mm! Can you believe that!??

Last edited:

EMX5636

Take some pics of the clearance required to run these rods in a stroker. I know how much I had to grind to fit my RNR rods in my 2.0L. Looks like a nice build though!

BlitzVR4

Actually the short block is being built at FFWD Connection. Darren has been texting progress pics of the build. So I don't have any clearance specs. I am getting very anxious to put this motor into the Galant. I currently will be using a FP 68hta. Going to see how much I can push this turbo.

EMX5636

Quoting BlitzVR4:
Actually the short block is being built at FFWD Connection. Darren has been texting progress pics of the build. So I don't have any clearance specs. I am getting very anxious to put this motor into the Galant. I currently will be using a FP 68hta. Going to see how much I can push this turbo.

I didn't mean clearance specs. I'm assuming you'll have to cut the bridges of the main caps completely, as well as grind a lot of material out of the 3rd cylinder by the balance shaft. I know I had to clearance mine further than a steel rod in a 2.3. Post some of the pics he's sent you.

BlitzVR4

All the images are up. I am leaving the work up to him. He did me right last time on a motor I had in my Talon Tsi.

mitsuturbo

Quoting 362Ryan:
You don't need to buy new rods. A machine shop can resize the 1g rods to 22mm.

Hell, they could probably just replace the bushing in the small end. It looks like i'm just going to buy a set of Mahle 4032 pistons for mine though. They come with a 21mm pin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

slugsgomoo

Any reason you're building a 100mm stroke motor with no main girdle? So much flexyness in the 4G63... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wtc.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned