The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

aftermarket camgears... the good , the bad and the dirt cheap....

kaptainballistik

Morning all

So now as Ive now got a VR4 that apparently goes really well... If you are over 4500rpm I think the camtiming is wrong! ( Evo8 MR cams /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Or needs a good tweakin!

So I can either pay an exorbitand $800 for HKS ones, ( Fleabay its $600 from the US) Gte Geoff OToole to make some ( But that will take time as its a favour... they are secondary to paid work!)

Or get a set of the fancy $200 a pair ones from EBay! With their lovely Andonised alloy teeth.

So the question is.. Will a set of firenza or the like be suitable for a rallycar?

Like these.... click

Which look like Gates / HKS copies

DR1665

I've heard plenty of people run the Fidanzas this side of the pond, Pete. Don't know that HKS are worth the coin, personally. If you find a good deal on anything Stateside, shoot me a PM and I'll help you make it happen. I've even shipped Bilsteins to Ross in Bros. No worries, mate!

kaptainballistik

Cool, Sounds like its Fidanza time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That leaves me some christmas coin!

DR1665

Cha-ching! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned