The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Where to get Tein stuff?

PrimerGod

Yeah so where is it? I looked on their sites and nada. Also, is there any Whiteline stuff left? Looking for good coilovers and swaybars to be specific. Thanks guys.

turbowop

If you're looking for e39a specific coilovers like my HA's, you won't find any. They are NLA. If that's the type of coin you're looking to spend on suspension, just get some Hotbits, as they're better anyway.

Ted Andkilde

I think Alex is a Tein dealer, but as Wopper said, most of the e39 specific stuff is gone, I think you can still get their front pillowball mounts, stickers and those cute little Tein-man plushes that hang from the rear-view...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hertz

Staff member
Quoting turbowop:
If you're looking for e39a specific coilovers like my HA's, you won't find any. They are NLA. If that's the type of coin you're looking to spend on suspension, just get some Hotbits, as they're better anyway.

You know, I PM'ed Larry Parker a couple months ago and never heard back. Where else can I get Hotbits?

Ted Andkilde

click Davenport Racing carries HotBits, or try Larry on his cell: 586-980-2543

t

CP

I can get Tein and would be willing to ship.

Romanova

Quoting Ted Andkilde:
I think Alex is a Tein dealer, but as Wopper said, most of the e39 specific stuff is gone, I think you can still get their front pillowball mounts, stickers and those cute little Tein-man plushes that hang from the rear-view...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

His name is Dampa-Chi...
dampachi.gif

Last edited:

I'm a dealer for Tein and Whiteline. Yes there are still some sway bars left. Call me if you still need any of these parts.

PrimerGod

I will Jesse, thanks. Need to see what kind of money Ty wants to spend on his suspension. Currently it has Ground Control coilovers on it, but one of them is messed up. Springs are 400lb fr/rr. Pretty stiff and bouncy someti
es. Also has KYB non adjustables. What's a pretty nice street sometimes track setup?

As Mark said above, the Tein HA's are NLA for the Galant VR4. I've had HA's on my car since 2004 with approx. 15K on them and they are not that great IMO. In fact I just took them off the car and replaced them with a new set Megan DSM coilovers (does require another hole to be drilled in the shock tower to make them work) that someone gave me but I haven't driven the car yet.

The HA's don't ride very well even on the softest settings and don't have enough front travel. However my car was able to pull over 1G of acceleration albeit on Toyo RA1's at Willow Springs road course. I have another track day at the end of the month so I'll see if I like the Megan's or not. If I decide to change I would probably get the Hotbits coilovers and I may consider the JIC's

Daryl

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned