The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Where to buy Stainless steel exhaust manifold studs?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting mitsuturbo:
that's on the 2g T/E/L.. they have a 10mm stud on each end of the exh mani and 8mm studs all in-between

a common "upgrade/mod" is to tap out the end holes for a 10mm stud... it works wonders for sealing and holding the exh mani tight to the head

This is also present on the later 1g 7 bolt engine cylinder heads. I do this mod when I do a head.

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting boostedinaz:
Stainless Studs.

I bought mine from these guys and they worked very well. I never had one break and swap out my exhaust mani a few times.

EDIT: They also have thread repair kits you can order at the same time if you have to fix any stripped threads.

+1. I've had my setup off probably 6 times with no issues. The stainless washers and nuts are easy to replace from a hardware store too in case you drop one...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts