The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What connector is this? Near rear end of the car....

alansupra94

There is a picture of the clickable thumbnail to it. Basically its this connector that is kinda of near the fuel/brake lines (when they are all in a line moving towards the back of the car) and then goes into the car through this rubber grommet. Looks like there are 2 of these connectors (possibly one for each side /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif) as I noticed that there are 2 wires going into the grommet.

The grommet is located kinda below the center of the car, heading up towards the rear seat.

As of now, I can't seem to find a diagram of it.

Reason I have a interest in it as it is broken but the other side is not.

raptorWagon

ABS Sensor, there is one on each side. You will see a sensor on the top of the rear hubs right below the e-brake cable if you follow those wires back to wheel. Is your ABS still hooked up?

Last edited by a moderator:

alansupra94

To my knowledge the ABS is still hooked up. The 4WS is removed but all of the ABS lines look intact.

I guess I will be fixing that sensor. Car has lot of sensors messed up.

ABS is not connected. Both fuses at the battery are pulled, all 3 connectors at the abs motor are pulled and the brain in the trunk near the antenna has been disconnected too. From what I understand the PO to me put a non abs 5 lug conversion on the car but he never bothered to disconnect anything and the ABS light was always on. So I disconnected everything else to clear the light.

alansupra94

What is wierd is that if the donor car was from a 1993, those AWD hubs SHOULD have ABS.

I will be looking into the car more and I will let you know what I find.

curtis

Count the teeth on the hubs. Seems like the disem hubs have a different tooth count. I had an extra set in the shop but remember now I shipped them off to someone.

alansupra94

Hope raised and then shot down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I might just end up trading these hubs off for the original 4 Lug hubs with ABS and just having my dad's welder/machinest convert it to 5 lugs.

Haven't exactly decided on a plan as that GVR4 would have to be a 1992 for me to utilize because of the tooth ratio.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned