The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What is this? connecting the fps hose under the intake mani?

cupajoe

I'm thinking about bypassing the fps and a few other to clean up the engine bay.

My question is there is the hoses from the fpr and intake nipple that go under the intake mani to the other side where the FPS is. Under the intake mani the hose plug into something mounted under there(Don't know what it is) then on the other side has the hoses contuined and runs to the FPS. If I bypass the FPS all together, what do I do with this mid-connector?

cupajoe

Sorry for my paint skills lol but this is what I came up with.

asdf.jpg

When I by run the hose straight from the nipple to the fpr, do I need to cap the line on that connector?(red square)

AnotherNewb

The mid connector you speak of is just a hardline attached to the intake manifold support. No you don't have to cap anything off on the mani support if you remove all the lines. Are you running an aftermarket FPR? If not, I'm not sure what taking the FPS out will do.

cupajoe

Just to clean up the bay. I'm gonna be gettng rid of the other vac lines. I might just keep the fps. Thanks for clearng uP the hard lines.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned