The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

tranny issue?

4doorboost

so i put a new clutch in when i rebuilt my motor and at first when i shifted from first to second at high rpm i would get a grind. now the grind is getting worse and at almost any rpm from first to second it likes to grind a little. i was thinking it could be that the clutch rod under the dash isnt long enough.. i have it adjusted all the way out. problem also seems worse when its hot out. any help appreciated
thanks
bryce ocain

More information please. Type of clutch/flywheel, how old is tranny, have you bled the system?

Synchro's maybe. I agree, a little more info about the clutch and tranny would help. Did you happen to change the master when you had the engine out? Might check that also.

Last edited by a moderator:

4doorboost

hello, i have a clutch net clutch and pressure plate, its a sprung six puck. the tranny is original has 160k and i did change the master. only happens when i go into second and its getting worse. i did bleed the system but maybe there is still a little air. i have good pressure and peddle feel

dsmtalontsi95

Did you drain the fluid out of the trans and add new fluid after the install? What fluid did you use? If your on a budget you should try penzoil synchromesh, it's known to help with those symptoms my trans included. Just make sure everything else is right though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned