The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2nd gear issue?

4doorboost

so i pulled my tranny and replaced it cause 2nd gear at high rpm it wouldnt go into gear or grind just would sponge out and car would rev like its in nuetral. put a new (used) tranny in and it felt great for about month now its starting to not go into 2nd at high rpm? all other gears r fine and low to mid rpm goes in fine. doesnt grind at all. could it be dissegnagement issue, wrong fluid, bad adjustment?

SouthCaliVR4

well, what fluid are you running? have you tried the static test, Rev on flat ground 1st gear clutch in see if it creeps? Have you done the shifter adjustment?

Or the short answer... Yes.

Last edited:

4doorboost

right now i run mobile 1 75-90 i am gunna switch to bg syncroshift, i should be getting full dissengagement i was on my old tranny but i i will check today. shifter adjustment, i have never touched anything to change adjustment.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned