The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

top oil feed line replacement

socalgvr4

Have a 1G, that it pretty much doesn't matter how much you tighten the banjo bolt down with new crush washers -- still ends up leaking.

I've been looking into some of the oil feed lines on line, and noticed a lot dont come with the block off bolt and recommend routing near oil filter.

Any ideas on a complete kit, and one that helps to eliminate the leak issue?

Thanks AC

CSMShaun

You could go a cheaper route and buy new copper crush washers. Keep in mind those banjo bolts are weak and can be broken or cracked by overtightening them.

TylerAdamson

You can always convert to a -3 or -4 line. You would need to determine the thread pitch of the banjo bolt and buy a metric to AN fitting in your choice of size. Then just buy the appropriate line and you should be all set. Most feed lines I've seen feed from the filter housing and come in a -4 variety and come with the adapter fitting for the filter housing. In my experiences I've never had an AN line fail or leak.

CSMShaun

AN lines fail for all the same reasons OE lines fail: improper installation, holes due to rub through and crimping.

socalgvr4

I did use new crush washers (see original thread) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But it appears the banjo bolt or the line itself is likely damaged. I'll go along the lines of a replacement, and block off the port at the head.

Google searches show this to be an annoyingly common issue apparently.

I replaced my line with a high temp/ high pressure silicone hose and picked up some line wrap thats indestructable up to 7,000 degrees. Hopefully tomorrow I get to test if it will actually hold up.

Check roadraceengineering.com site, they show diagrams as to why you want to hook that line up to your oil filter housing for 14b and 16g turbos, you get fresh filtered oil that way, rather than oil that has traveled up through the head. They have a kit and it comes with a block off bolt for the head.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned