The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The ultimate street galant in the making? Cheekychimp's

curtis

curtis

Thanks Ryan you can cut the pictures back off now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

There's well over 1000lbs of stuff there. The one with all the boards on top was between 6 and 8 hundred by itself. The interior was around 300 and the tall headliner one was about 150.

I can't beleave I have so much room now in the garage its kind of strange. I've had the hood here for about a year and some of the other stuff since before alex shipped out. I'm going to get the lawn mower out tomorrow I may launch it through the middle of the garage now that I can.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif
Well done. I see you're running an evo 8 spoiler, looks good on your car. Slow boat to China. What's the eta?

curtis

Quote:
you're sending him a giant phalus /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I didn't even notice it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

As for the wing I got it from a friend he had it when he bought the evo and it was the factory replacement one and not the real deal carbon fiber . Many may not know but the real ones had a debonding issue and we're recalled if they damage was bad. they replaced them with abs sides and a carbon fibered sticker one. There the same size except the real deal is thin in the middle and these block the view. I'm rying to get use to it but the side view just don't do it for me like the rear view does. Thanks for approval rating.

curtis

The insanity will never stop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

If you remember I wanted some photoshop guy to do a black car with a big mad max looking rally push bar. Well I could build it until the other stuff left so now its gone and my ups girl delievered this.

times 4 of these monsters. Black when off bright as the sun when on. H2 bulbs after Paul ordered these we found HID ones. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

The push bar will be built so when he wants to remove it it simply un pin with aircraft saftey pins and can hang from a soccer stadium. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I forgot to turn off the flash for the true black effect. You can look up hella black magics on google they'll show up.

cheekychimp

Stuff arrives tomorrow at 1.00 pm. Watch this space guys!. This time it is actually going together.

Paul.

curtis

WHOOT. In before the lock. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rausch

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

curtis

14.5 hours from now. I just figured the time offset. Paul is 13 hours ahead on US central time. I want pictures as santa unloads the sleigh. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

+1, Must be like Christmas for Paul. Lets hope that the shipping company treats the packages better then what UPS does.

RACER-X

Hey I used to work for UPS .... and I resemble that statement LOL

What can I say when the supervisor is breathing down your neck and you loading a 2 trailors (the long 18 wheelers) and over 3000 packages per truck sometimes you get tired and stressed and take it out on the packages.

curtis

Paul you PM'd hours ago that the package was there Post a few thousand pictures already. Having to much fun with the toys......time to share or I'll tell your mom. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

rheckert

COME ON PAUL, come out and play...
At least let us see what miss UPS brought.

cheekychimp

Sorry guys it has been all steam ahead. Garage space in Hong Kong is minimal. After we unpacked we had to pack all the stuff into a corner to give my friend room to work and then we had to ferry those smart bins back to my place and store them on my flat roof. It was pouring with rain at the time and the Type-R got hit by freak hail (or stones thrown up by the wind) which caused a load of paint chips on the hood and cracked the windshield in two places /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Today the aerial went into the roof and we fitted the new suede headliner. Got the cage back in only to find it was hitting the vanity light (should have left the light out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif) Having already cut a hole in the headliner we had to shift it back extending the hole and then fabricate a bezel out of an old number plate to cover the hole in the liner. I think we did a pretty good job. Measured 10 times cut once and the bezel looks factory.

Pictures. Yeah I know I will but honestly after almost three years on jack stands, I am embarrassed to show pictures of the car as it was this morning. Let me wipe the dust off and show a before picture before we start fitting more stuff.

Tomorrow the C and B pillars go in. We fit the Alpine Controller into the headliner (subject to space) run the wires and then fix the roll cage in place. Then it's re-applying sound deadening, dying and fitting the carpet and then the seats.

We will need to do some work on the door cards and rear parcel shelf but interior should be pretty quick (centre console aside - still working on that!)

strokin4dr

Sounds like a lot of fun, can't wait to see some pics.

Sorry to hear about the CTR, hail sucks. I've been there before. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

zing i am looking forward to this so much

keep us posted paul /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned