The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

suspension/bushing availability

Kibby

Slowly working my way to de-jsb my galant. Curious about the availability of bushings/suspension parts. Id say the entire rear needs to be rebuilt and if I can poly swap or better the whole car it would be great. It isnt going to be much of a daily as ive had it almost 3 years and barely drove it. Just wanna go down the 1/4 and some street driving. I had a 240sx that had almost all solid bushings and 3 wheel speed bump capable coilovers so ride quality is not a concern. Thanks.

Kibby

Ok. Im trying to search and find what fits from the eclipse talon kit.i found the one site. Im just tryin to find the post that has the entire rear setup. I wish this forum would separate suspension steering fuel turbo etc for easier navigation.

LIV4PSI

Everything from a 1G kit works. Prothane is stiffer than Energy Suspension. You need to buy the rear diff and mustache bushings separately. PM BoostX

Kibby

So should I just buy the energy suspension kit and put the sway bar bushings aside? Then just get the rear diff and mustache bushings from boostx, this replaces all the bushings on the car aside from motor mount and driveshaft? Sorry for such a noob question. Ive been out of my head for almost a year dealing with personal issues and other cars problems lol.

GotInsulin

click

I found this thread helpful when doing some suspension research. Its dated but you might be able to get some needed part numbers from it.

Kibby

Well I just need f/r control arm f/r subframe bushings mustache brace and sway bar bushings right?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned