The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Lets play: Name those Noltec bushings!!

mean_green

When I purchased 1632 the previous owner was nice enough and smart enough to give me all the stock parts he had that were no longer on the car. Well in this tote of misc junk and treasure I came across some packages of Noltec bushings that I would love to get onto the car while its still JSB during an engine refresh etc...

Of the five baggies I have, one does not have the top label which has the description and part number on it. It includes 4 blue bushings, 2 gold 'races' and a silver 'race' of diffrent size, then a package of grease? I assume this isnt mixed and matched random pieces but a kit as a whole, but I could be wrong. So Im relying on you guys to help me identify these mystery pieces. The Noltec catalog didnt help me much because the descriptions are so sparse and being not super familiar with these cars and bushing location I havent been able to figure out where these go, also not having the car easily accessable to go and climb under and check over makes things harder.

Heres the picture I took, each bushing has 2147 on it. Im not sure if this is contected to the N62147 part number for Lower Control Arm- Inner.

So hopefully someone can figure it out from previous experience. And on the same note if someone knows of a good source where to purchase more Noltec/Whiteline pieces that info would be greatly appreciated as well. Id love to match all my bushings and suspension parts from the same company as much as possible. Im big on themes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bigok.gif

TIA
-Alan

Well you have control arm bushings for driver/passenger sides. Looks like you missing 2 of the "races". They need to fit snugly inside the bushings.

Last edited by a moderator:

curtis

I believe everything is there some companies have two bushings and some have one long one. I believe you'll roast the rubber out and insert one from the left and one from the right with a large c clamp then take the pin and insert it. Easy way to figure this out is to measure the bushings with a caliper and post it up or send me a PM. I have the complete energy suspension set under my desk and my beer is resting on top as I type this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As for the smaller bushing looks like that's from the shifter assembly.

Now as for inserting the bushing you need to watch a video , wipe away all grease and contaminates FOD then rotate it either 12 or 14 times not 11. EVEN AFTER 4 TRYS DON'T DO IT 11. Sorry inside joke don't mind me I'm just here to mess with one of my guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I'm sure your cussing me and thats why my ears are ringing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

chucklesas

Well, I found a post by Oztek from Summer of 2008 that said that Noltec got bought out and stopped producing GVR4 stuff even before that time. So chances of finding Noltec pieces are probably going to be pretty slim, though there may still be some unused stuff somewhere out there. As for what those pieces go to, sorry, I'm no help there.

JSchleim18

Noltec is pretty much in the gutter. Whiteline/Superpro pieces may be even harder to find now since Jesse at RevolutionMotorsport is in a bind.

I have some W/L, superpro, and Noltec bushings for sale though.

The W/L KCA365 Rear upper control arms (camber adjustable)
Superpro SPF1439K Rear trailing arm bushing
Noltec stub axle to chassis bushings (still trying to figure out where these go)

From the looks of it, you definitely have lower control arm inner bushings.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned