The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

So I Cleaned my Engine Bay Yesterday...

Chim55117

And it's still dirty... Aww man...

And I let my white friend back out my car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

No corners or foglights since the new ones are coming in. And no JDM-ish hood because Crisman hasn't gotten back to me.

Click for larger images.

Thoughts? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:

Eh.. to fix your problem, you need to send me your radiator, intercooler piping and valve cover. Really, its for your own good.

2of9

get a pic of the whole engine instead of a side view /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif What kind of radiator is that? Can you get some more pics up? I may go with that kind of radiator next year so I can fill in a bigger turbo XD.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

That sure looks like a civic radiator. I know, I had one too.

2of9

with that civic radiator, is there any change in water temps going up or down? What kind of battery is that? nice setup.

Chim55117

It is a eBay style civic style radiator. I do not remember which brand. The cooling fan is a 10" Flex-A-Lite fan. I have not logged in DSMLink to find out if I am running any cooler, but it stays dead in the center on the temperature gauge. That is an Oddesy racing battery. It works, but it often is overworked and dies. I'm planning to relocate the battery to the back and run a Red Top Optima battery.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Quoting 2of9:
with that civic radiator, is there any change in water temps going up or down? What kind of battery is that? nice setup.

If you use the search function you will find more threads on civic radiators just like this one

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Anytime. And bump for a clean engine bay.

Gimpin

that grille definatly makes it look dirty too ... I'll pm you my address to get it off your hands

boostin4door

Nice clean engine & car.
Is that the CF grill from cali[Paulo?]? if so how long did it take for you get yours?
Mine took 3 months... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif but I love it & get alot of positive feedback on it.

ps...nice Honda rad. Looks like the CXRacing Rad. on Ebay. I've been thinking about that also for more space.

Last edited:

KT

There are some leaves in your cowling on the passenger side.

I would get your wiper arms blasted and powder coated.

Your strut brace is only attached by one bolt on each side. If you get a non-cruise throttle cable you can ditch the cruise and flip it around to use both bolt holes. If not, you can put an extra bolt through the strut tower.

Ditching the ABS will also clean up your engine bay quite a bit and allow easier access for maintenance.

I got a dual gauge pod off of paulo that mounts in the speaker basket on the dash, and it took a good month in a half. Then when he finally shipped it and got me tracking info, he shipped to himself.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

curtis

Found two missing bolts cause of that cracka comment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned