The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I guess I'm back...

chucklesas

I've taken a several month leave of absence from the board (been lurking though)... I think it's been almost 2 years since I've had a running GVR4. Just got back from a deployment not too long ago (early, only a couple months)... that was, ummmmmm, interesting.

Seems like quite a bit has changed in the community, especially aftermarket support. (I want my FP3X cams, darnit!)

I still have the 2 GVR4 shells, the crashed up black car I bought for it's parts, and my burned up, rusted out white shell. I'm not offical JSB as one car is on dollies and the other sitting on wheels, but they are FAR from running vehicles.

I spent the last 2 weeks or so stripping the front end of my white car. I pulled the fenders off and there is ZERO metal left where it bolts on under the front dog legs, so I'll have to figure out how I'm going to reattach fenders there when the time comes. All the wiring is removed, all pieces in the engine bay gone... pulled the dash too while I was at it. Yesterday I finally pushed the white car out of the garage and the black car in.

The next step will be to hit the bay with the power washer and see how much of the ash and grim actually come out, then I'll probably go in and strip the paint, sand the rust, and repaint the bay in some sort of gloss black. I'll go ahead and swap the front subframe with the less rusty one from the black car. Might have to do it with the rear too (or find a 4 bolt one local).

As far as the build... I'll drop my 2.3 back in. I think one of my cylinder heads has some OS valves, so I'll slap that on top. I probably won't bother re-installing the A/C and just relocate the alternator... SB-14 turbo, ETS FMIC, 880cc (maybe 1000cc) injectors, braided -8 and -6 lines from tank to rail with Aeromotive FPR, reuse my ACT 2600 and Chrome flywheel. (still on the shopping list are FMIC, fuel stuffs, relocation kit, valve springs, cams, hood, fenders, radiator, fire suppression /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif)

I still have a lot more work and a lot more parts to gather. I really wish I could clean the body up better than I'm going to. There's so much rust that I'd love to cut out and replace, but it just isn't worth it to me ($1000's worth of body work to have professionally done; somebody want to get me on Overhaulin? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif).

I'll try to get some pictures of the process as I progress.

Last edited by a moderator:

steve

Welcome home! (to the US and to the board)

curtis

Hey man welcome back. same old same old around here..
JSB's are still the same people with additional ones added,
Aaron had a mid life crisis and got a bike. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
KC 's sold the evo starting a new family so a new VR4 is imminent he just doesn't know it yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good luck with the car.

chucklesas

Thanks guys... I miss turbos :-(

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Hey, glad you're back, posting that is.

1990ggsxnj

Well I'm new to the board since you've been gone but always glad to see more of the community than not. Glad you still have that boost itch that needs to be scratched. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts