The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Shipping a car

deusamo

Anyone know anything about it? Any advice? It seems to be way cheaper than a long trip, and it would save me a lot of time. My main concern is how the deal would work. Would I pay the full price prior to delivery? Half now half later? What if the car arrives and there is a serious issue?

bobdole

I had my car shipped in from NY to FL. It was easy really. I had to put a deposit and when the car was delievered I paid the balance. Had no issue's at all. I did have insurance also incase anything did happen.

Jesus_Negros

Can be expensive depending on distance, if the car is running, and how much the insurance is. I always thought a train ticket would be cheapest.

citymunky

Look into uShip.com, I used the site 3 times now for engines and all 3 transactions where fast and priced decent. I know you can list cars for transport also.

dmj

I paid 900.00 total to have my non running car shipped from Colorado to Orlando FL. It cost extra because the car had to be flatbedded out of the PO's driveway.A 300.00 deposit was required. Rest was paid when the car was dropped off in my driveway.

Last edited:

matt92vr4

I had my Galant shipped from northern CA to south FL last year. It was in running/driving condition and cost $950. It was a very good experience. Basically the shipping companies are logistic companies. They place the offer out there on a national board and then independent truckers can pick them up when they run through the area. I took about 3 weeks to receive the car.

You can have it expedited but it costs much more.

4orced4door

Can anyone recommend a particular carrier or broker?

I've received a bunch of quotes and looked at uShip but it seems like they are pretty much all brokers. It gets a little same-y looking at all these different businesses that just farm out the job to drivers. Even the review sites for these brokers are kind of shady (like transportreviews.com).

transparentdsm

im actually in the same boat looking to ship two of my vr4's so please anyone who can give a carrier or broker that would be awesome. ive gotten two good quotes from what seems to be good places. plaza auto transport and transport relief are the two im deciding between unless someone has a better/ more reliable carrier for me to decide from

donkeylips

I put an auction up on uship a few months ago to ship a non-running Mirage from Atlanta to Buffalo, NY.
I got some prices around $500, but they wanted to pick it up the next day. I ended up not getting the car because it was too hard to work with the seller from far away.
I once bought a Georgia car that had a salvage title, even though the title and carfax looked fine, so I had some concerns this time around.

blacksheep

Quoting 4orced4door:
Can anyone recommend a particular carrier or broker?

I've received a bunch of quotes and looked at uShip but it seems like they are pretty much all brokers. It gets a little same-y looking at all these different businesses that just farm out the job to drivers. Even the review sites for these brokers are kind of shady (like transportreviews.com).

uship.com has worked for me and buyers who have arranged pick-up of cars and bikes. Last 2 sales - one car and 1 mcycle has been thru uship.com and the shippers seemed legit and thorough. I was impressed.

DAS is the only other one I have personally used and will use again.

Hope this helps!

4orced4door

I've got a brokerage company trying to locate a driver for me now, IA to NC, $650 all inclusive. We'll see how it plays out.

AnotherNewb

I used UShip before and found someone to haul a car in an enclosed trailer from Orlando to West Virginia, door to door for $500. I was a company that was hauling a load from Florida to Jersey. Though it may have changed now.

G

Staff member
I've got a good broker, who will find you a shipper for free. I would just slide him a couple bucks for his time. Pm me if you want his info.

blacksheep

Quoting 4orced4door:
I've got a brokerage company trying to locate a driver for me now, IA to NC, $650 all inclusive. We'll see how it plays out.

Thats a decent price. Pity I was not visiting my sister - I would bring it to you. VTAAAAAK all the wai! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

VR6Eater

I used the u-ship app and got my 73 f-100 shipped from Washington to wisconsin for $800. It was hassle free and had no problems.

Chi271

Quoting transparentdsm:
im actually in the same boat looking to ship two of my vr4's so please anyone who can give a carrier or broker that would be awesome. ive gotten two good quotes from what seems to be good places. plaza auto transport and transport relief are the two im deciding between unless someone has a better/ more reliable carrier for me to decide from

Nothing but good things coming my way about plaza auto transport! Just got 271/1k shipped to me in Chicago from Florida(pan handle) $750 total! $150 deposit when truck is assigned to your route, and then $600 cash on delivery. Received the car 3days after they found me a driver that accepted to pick the car up. The driver was so cool, he even was texting me back and forth as he got closer etc.. A+ 5star$!

transparentdsm

ok looks like im narrowing it down then, because plaza gave me a 810$ quote from Bushkill, PA to Reno, NV. time to start booking things.

Wizardawd

I used Uship for #598 and got it shipped for $450 from WI. That was a few years ago, but the guy was very cool and my car was in the same covered trailer as a 63 Stingray. Needless to say, he wouldn't leave both.

Wiz

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned