The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Buying vr4 next week

91Vr4white

Lol mine is white so I guess I'm good. It is number 1058 I believe. Ok so I'm just going to go with some standard replacement struts I guess. Right now I don't want to so any modifying unless I can just bolt it in. I have a history if getting carried away and I have to contain myself with this car at least for now. My "race car" is still my mustang an while it will be up and running soon I still have a lot of work to do on it.

Ok so I want to level the car out. What is the cheapest reliable way to do this? The car will remain stock for now I noticed the car burns oil when in boost so the turbo seals are going I'm guessing. I will probably do a boost controller and exhaust and then leave it alone until funds allow a rebuild then a 16g turbo front mount ect.

I need to do something about this shifter! Is the Evo shifter direct bolt in? Is there a bushing kit or something I can buy?

matt92vr4

Don't bother rebuilding the stock turbo. You can find good small 16gs for around $225.

prove_it

There are shifter parts availible. 1g eclipse stock shifters are shorter and feel better. Also the bushings can be replaced.
Your key websites to buy stuff are as follows:

Jnztuning
maperformance.com
extremepsi.com
slowboyracing.com

Pretty much everything on the GVR4 is the same as a 92 Eclipse GSX turbo. Most parts will crossover. Body parts, no. Exhaust will but is too short.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts