The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

engine build suggestions and advise where to buy?

kooter

Hi everyone and thank you in advance for any advice given.

My engine has been apart for longer then I would like to admit.

I am looking for cams, springs, valves, rockers. I have guides and lifters.
Also looking for pistons and connecting rods. Still deciding on the what.

My main question is the where.
Any place to go specifically.

Half of me say's 400 450 hp is more then plenty. But the other half says we need more.
I would like to add I am not just looking to build a huge engine drop it in and go fast. I am starting with the engine and not stopping to I finish the entire car.
I have learned alot about the gvr4 in the last two years. I still feel like I have no idea about half of what I want to do. But its all about the adventure.

also anyone that wouldn't mind helping me out with some explaining pm me I will surely need all the help I can get.

Last edited:

James

Build the motor for the max that your wallet will let you. And make sure its built right so your not pulling it apart before the break in period is over.

gtproto

check out boostin performance in addison. i am getting my engine built by them and devin is one of the best.

kooter

I am really more interested in a place to buy the parts.
I plan to do as much of the work myself as I can.

EMX5636

I always get my parts from JNZ Tuning. They have great prices, esp on OEM stuff. Give them a call. 215-997-6850

Under 5-600whp Ross/Wiseco pistons with Eagle/Scat/Manley H-beams are plenty.

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

I agree, you can't go wrong with JNZ

460GVR4

extremepsi and forced performance has received lots of money from me. JNZ is great too. It's a great learning experience doing work yourself, and the feeling of hearing it run is just amazing.

trexn8

Anyone try built4g63.com??

Built4g63.com is Slow Boy Racing. I have got a few things from them and ran one of there Exhaust manifolds for a while. But I will alway love STM!!

Last edited by a moderator:

James

FP, JNZ, STM, EXPSI, they are all great. Show for the best deals between them.

If you are making this purchase all at once give them a call and tell them. Perhaps they can cut you a break.

rdomeck

I haven't been to happy with Forced Performance or Street Tuned because of their customer service. Always takes much longer to get parts and there is no communication from them. I did still get what I ordered it just takes a while. My last order with STM was 2 weeks to get delivered. My last order with FP took 4 phone calls to get them to send the right stuff to me and the guy getting an attitude with me when I questioned why I hadn't received my parts in a timely manor!

I have never heard anything bad about JNZ and he a fellow GVR4 owner I believe....

I actually never tried using JNZ but with the new build coming up and they seem to have everything I need so maybe its time to switch it up!

5OF2k

Ive built more than a few 4g63s using extremepsi, love their customer service, free ground shipping, and pricematch policy. Theyre also willing to work with you if youre planning on buying a lot, or making multiple orders.

Honestly, cant go wrong with them IMHO.

Hope that helps!

-Jake

kooter

lots of sites, lots of prices.
So far between jnztuning and built4g63 I got gsc 272 cams, 1 mm over valves, rockers, kiggly beehive springs, aem cam gears, balance shaft delete, ARP cam bolts, acl race main + rod bearings.

Still working on piston and rods. Will get there eventually.

Last edited:

Thirsty

jbautosports.com
realstreetperformance.com
Cheers
Ross

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned