The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Safc2 tuning.

James

Check my sig for mods. I got my logger working and SAFC2 all hooked up.

With a 2g MAF and 550cc Injectors I have to set point1 at +8% to get my low fuel trim to 100% on the logger. Does this sound right?

turbowop

Every car is different. That's not unheard of for your setup. I found that adjusting 1k up and down would change lo trims, 2k would adjust mid and 3k would adjust hi trims. Then keep 4k+ the same as 3k. It's not exact, but it worked on both my cars back when I used SAFCs. that was for the lo settings only obviously. I think I set it up at 30% for the lo point and 70% for hi. Then WOT tuning needs to be done, but that a whole different procedure depending on whether or not you have a wideband.

James

I couldn't get my 2k point down past 135% in the fuel trim low. I gave up as it was getting late. I moved the dial to +50% and the fuel trim didn't come down

James

Still looking for a little help on this.

Found out my TPS is at 12.5% on the logger so I'll adjust that today. But I'm still getting 135% on low trim if I hold the revs at 2k.

Why would this be?

Also I'm fairly sure my knock sensor is shot. Reading 45 counts of knock any time I touch the throttle. Long before I even get to boost.

Jason G.

RRE AFC page, very good info on SAFC tuning. If you knew about it I apologize.

Do you have a CEL on? Is the goo all gone from the knock sensor? Also, if it's on too tight it may become very sensitive.
If the knock sensor checks out ok, I would look at actual cam/crank timing and make sure they are on.

James

My timing is at 9-10. The sensor I know is bad, I have a new one on the way along with a Wideband.

My question is why cant I get my 2k rpm mark down from 135% on the low fuel trim

I'm having similar probs with my trims. Car runs fine, and the AFRs are good but the trims are high. ???

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned