The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Getting pissed and ready to quit.

James

I've never had so much trouble with one specific issue before. This diagnostics port / logger situation really has me ready to throw in the towel.

I have a SAFC thats useless because I can't log
I have a logger that's useless because it doesn't log
My 550cc injectors are useless because I can't use the SAFC
My 2g MAF is useless because the 550cc injectors are useless

The port works fine for pulling codes with a buzzer, I get voltage from pin1 and pin10. Pin12 grounds. I don't see why I'm getting serial comm errors. I watched the cable work on another guys car.

I ran a jumper wire from 1 to 12 because 90's "have that problem" and no change at all. What the hell else can I do?

JNR

I haven't been following the debacle, but take a break from it for awhile is all I can suggest and come back to it fresh later.

James

Unfortunately I need the car on the road to get to work at back. I mean it drive able, but not right.

JNR

I can empathize, as I got screwed on mine overnight plugging in the wrong harness and it was frustrating going from a 24 psi crazy-fast ride to a 4 banger that couldn't get over 2 psi. Hang in there and don't give up yet...it's been a long road for me to get it back (+ do all sorts of improvements, etc...But I enjoy it.

Just be glad you have the luxury of the internet...waht was really fun was having weird problems that you had to figure out yourself /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

James

Well I guess I'm just going to sell the logging setup and buy a Wideband. At least I know that will work

LIV4PSI

You still really need a logger, a wideband doesn't give you a knock count. Why not just go back to using the stock injectors and MAF for now?

I know this may sound harsh, but modifying your daily driver if the funds aren't there isn't smart. I mean this with all do respect, but you've tried to run bigger injectors that are not tuned for, installed mods without a working logger, were planning to tune without a wideband, are using a crap tuning device in the first place, etc. Leave it alone until you can do it right. Your car and wallet will both thank you down the road.

DR1665

Don't know what to tell you, but figure a little empathy can't hurt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Have you traced the wires and confirmed that pin is - in fact - connected to the right location at the ECU harness?
What about trying another ECU?

Good luck. We've all been there.

James

Because I don't have stock Injectors to run.

I bought 550s because everything I read said it would be fine.
I bought 2g MAF to compensate for the 550s
I did the right thing and bought something to log and to tune with to get it running correctly.

I can't help that the damn logger wont log. I've tried two different ones both working in other cars. I have power to pin1 and 10 and 12 is grounded. Wtf else am I to do?

ktmrider

IIRC he has a GGSX converted to turbo w/o doing all the harness swaps.

If so 99% of the board is not gonna be able to help....

James

Brian I have direct lines from the ECU pin1 and pin2 to make sure it wasnt the wiring.

James

KTM the ECU and wiring to the diagnostics port is the same.

James

There's nothing there for a 1g with 14b and 550s. I can't imagine it would be the same as 16g settings.

turbowop

You can drive around on a 2gMaf and 550's. Just don't go romping on it without some way to know if it's knocking or not. And realize it's probably not perfect.

James

Eric at 1glink.com was nice enough to offer me some help. I'll be sending him my whole setup for logging and he's going to look it over, repair any mistakes he finds in the cord, ect.

DR1665

Nice. Glad to hear it. I was just thinking last night, as I was standing by a rally GVR4 on a flatbed with a flat tire, I have a set of stock injectors I could probably send your way, but it sounds like you've got it covered. Fingers crossed for you, mate.

misterfixit

what logger do you have?
What cable are you using?
Is the exu board clean and undamaged?

Rich

James

It's a palmiiiC, all software up to date.
A homemade cord that worked before I bought it
And my ECU is fine.

Sending my whole logging setup out of Eric today

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned