The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

running a 2g maf

Tre3zy

hey guys i know ive ask this question before.... lets say i wanna run a 2g maf and was wondering if i still need to get my ecu chip if im running a fuel pressure regulator and a wideband....

Running that lousy Cali 91 octane? I don't see how you can avoid getting a chip. The 2G MAS removes almost 30% of the airflow signal to the ECU, which makes the ECU choose the wrong timing maps. When you want to run 20psi, the ECU thinks you are only running

Tre3zy

thnx for the explanation keydiver.... well i for now i was just thinkin of running the stock injectors fpr and regulator.... and dont really plan on boosting hard till i get a bigger injector.... if i get a chip for the 2g maf is it safe to run it with the stock injectors?

Yes, but its probably not worth it, especially if you plan on running stock boost. Both the stock injectors and the GVR-4 MAS are both good to ~16-17psi. You can change the MAS but you will still run out of injector, so you really can't run any more boost, IMO. The 2G MAS is less restrictive, which is worth a few free HP, but that's about all it will buy you.

Tre3zy

no yea i totally get wat you mean.... wat i was saying was is it safe to run it for now till i get the injectors i want?

If your money isn't tight......just upgrade both,injectors and chip. Then there's no worries or question.

Tre3zy

i guess ill just wait till i get myself a good deal on injectors

Brunoboy

i got evo injectors for 50 bucks.

vegeta1170

I'll take those!!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned