The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Biggest turbo on a 2G mas?

BlitzVR4

Hey guys, I was wondering what would be the biggest turbo I can run with a 2G mas. Right now I am running a b16g turbo with 650cc injectors with Keydiver chip and AFC. I was thinking of going with a FP Red turbo. My car will not be daily driven just for nice days and weekends.

Tre3zy

i know i friend thats running a GT35r on a 2g mas

donniekak

You can run as big of a turbo as you want. But, the 2g mas will start to over run , and drop counts around 50 lbs/min.

Jostar

I over ran mine with a GT3076R at 26PSI.... After that i ran like sh*t or it will break up..

belize1334

Think about it in terms of lb/min. If the 2G mas will start to loose count at around 50 lb/min, then with a BSFC of about 0.6, and AFR of 12:1, you're looking at 7.2 lb/hr of air per hp. So, throwing in a factor of 60 for min vs. hr, we get 50/(7.2/60))=416. That puts the airflow limit of a 2G mas at a little over 400 bhp.

4thStroke

I drove around at 517awhp on E85 for a while on a 2g MAF without any issues. I don't know how it was doing from a tuners perspective, but as a user, it did what it was supposed to.

Getting rid of it and switching to speed density did pick up power at the same boost level and I was able to hold that pressure up top.

This was with the FP bolt on HTA3076R.

Last edited:

belize1334

^^ Hm...sounds like 50 lb/min is an underestimate. That or my math is wrong. I pulled that BSFC off of the RC injector web-page.

Last edited:

A 2G MAS will typically overrun at ~425 wheel HP. But, they are all different, so your results may be different, and some of the 3000GT turbo versions have been known to go higher before overrun. No guarantees though. That's why the 3G/EVO MAS is a better choice for 425+ HP.

evomas ftw /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

beaner

blaha went mid 10's on a 60-1 with a hacked/modded 1g mas. 2g mas is fine for a 16g. same for a fp red.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned