The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

removing door handles

celm

im taking the handles off my car, I got all the screws off except the one that under the front pivot point of the handle. that's the last screw holding it to the door,anyone know how to take it off?

Wookalar

The thumb cap hides a small bracket that holds it on. It pops into place if you push the bracket and cap together quickly. I had to take the inside door panel off in order to finess it back on. You can pop off a rubber cap in the door jamb and peek in there.

On second thought, that small bracket might not be responsible for holding the actual handle in place, just the plastic thumb cap, so you will probably need to remove the interior door panel in order to access the bolt or nut holding the handle on.

Tape up the area so you dont scratch paint.

Last edited:

celm

thanks man, I figured it out. im not worried about the paint as im taking the car apart for paint. this car is kicking my ass,you know how to get that front bumper off? out of all the cars I've taken apart, this one is kicking my ass

Wait, you have a jdm. As I recall the 2 vertical bolts on each side on the L brackets. Two on the back bumper and maybe a few more on the lower apron. Then should slide straight out. click

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned