The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear foglight

Again, why do you need a wiring diagram? Don't you know how to wire foglights, or what's the problem?? Wiring these foglights isn't gvr4 specific, it's just thesame as wiring any foglight...

AllanL

i have the switch, i have the lid lights, i know which switch pin does what...

sir galantgti, if you can tell where to tap the power wires of the switch and the relay into the main body harness, instead of tapping directly into the ignition switch for power,then just do so and i will thank you a lot...otherwise, if you have nothing to contribute, just don't comment...

i might be OC, and it's just me, but i want to wire it up with the original wiring loom.

spooling92vr4

why not just take power directly from the fuse panel and use one of the unused spaces in the fuse box... you can grab power from the fuse box.. this way you can just use a unused slot, and just use a relay to switch the power

AllanL

thanks spooling92...it have a look at the fusebook for empty slots

Quoting AllanL:

sir galantgti, if you can tell where to tap the power wires of the switch and the relay into the main body harness, instead of tapping directly into the ignition switch for power,then just do so and i will thank you a lot...otherwise, if you have nothing to contribute, just don't comment...

Take it easy... NOW you are telling, what you exactly are searching for/need. That's what we need to help you, we can't do much with "i need a wiring diagram" because we don't know what the problem is then, or what you don't manage to get done,..,...

but spooling92vr4 has already given you a very good solution.

AllanL

thanks sir galantgti
no offense was meant and i do hope none was taken /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif
will try to tap power for the rear fog relay coil from the same source as the front fogs, but power for the fogs will be from either IG1 or IG2...
as for the diagram, the purpose is to see how the wires were laid out, since i didn't want the rear fog to come on when the front fog was not turned on, which is the common logic of EDM rear fogs, right...
cheers!

Last edited:

(ofcourse) no offense taken /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

There are different rules for front and rear foglights here in europe. You may use your rear foglights even with the smallest amount of fog you can imagine, but you may use the fronts only if visability is less then 50 metres.

And you can turn the front fogs on, without the rear, and the rears as well without the fronts.

fivestardsm

Wow, 50 Meters?! I run mine on all the time, when the dims are on anyway.

As for the looking for wireing diagram and all, My oppinion is that relays are good, but not necessary depending on the size of fogs (amp load and draw). Granted, with the EDM switch everything looks like it is factory and that is definetly the way to go, but will take you more time to do.

To do a full "stock" route and wireing, you will have to open your harness up starting at the fuse block on the pass side fender well next to the battery. In the fuse box, there is an open whole for a relay that you will have to source a plug, and relay for. It shouldn't be to hard to find one from a DSM though. After you put the 3 or 4 wires that they require, you will have to run them all the way through the loom into the driverside where the harness comes out at the fuse box.

One (maybe 2) of the wire(s) will keep going back to the rear of the vehicle following in the exisisting loom. Once you get to the back, you wil split out of the loom and have to splice the wires into your 2 tail light plugs. You will probably need to source these aswell, because they are going to require another wire source because of the dual filimant bulb (I belive) instead of the single. You shouldn't have to worry about the other wire(ground), since it is already in the harness and attached to the plug.

Now, back to the fuse box, you will need to find the open fuse space and insert the new wires with the proper terminals wich you could also source from a DSM. I belive that the fuse will be a 20 or 30 AMP.

Then its time to wire in the spitch. I'm not sure waht the plug is like, but if you already have one, then you are golden. The wires will go on to the wires from the relay, and one going to the switch. Then there should be 1 or 2 more from the switch that are for illumination. These will have to be run into the wireing for the dash illumination. You will have to tie your loom for this into the exsisting loom to give it the stock apperance. After you get all the wire in the appropiate looms, make sure that you have all the wires hooked up correctly, becaus eif you dont, the wires could surge and get hot. This inturn will give you a really nice wire fire and destroy the whole job, along with your car at 2am in the morning (ask me how I know....)

If everything works like it is supost to, then tape the loom back together, and re tuck everything and button it up.

This information, is purely from tearing apart a bunch of harness' from many different vehicles over the years. I can not gurantee that this is exactly the way that MITSU wires them, but this is how It should be done from what I have seen.

LILEVO

Late reply to this topic, just in time for wintery nasty weather.

I bought a KC 1513 rear fog light and mounted it to the bottom of the bumper. I also ordered a flush mount rear fog light from rallylights.com and will be installing that one instead in the next few weeks for a more stock-look. The flush mount will actually mount inside of the bumper like one of those above posts.

gvr4_rearfogfar.jpg

gvr4_rearfogmount.jpg

gvr4_rearfognear.jpg

misterfixit

Linky to the thread with the diagrams in.

click

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts